Workshop Manager at Lekki Freeport Terminal
Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport. It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Lekki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Indirect reports To: Technical Director
- Under the general guidance of the Technical Maintenance Manager ensure efficient & high quality supervision for the technical staff and execution for all technical repairs and maintenance for container terminal Equipment’s . Continuously making sure that no interruption to the service offered by each equipment to operation with the best technical mean as possible to delivered safe & reliable equipment.
- Organizes the work assignments among the various yard equipment maintenance & repair team, so that schedules are met Monitoring Maintenance job activities (maintenance & breakdown repair, maintaining spare parts, accidents investigation , managing manpower , managing contractors , Managing documentation etc.…).
- Responsible in leading and providing guidance to maintenance team in handling specialized technical repairs for the terminal equipment’s towards achieving equipment reliability and availability.
- Prime responsible for safety of workforce and equipment.
- Develop the preventive and Corrective Maintenance Program of Terminal & Workshop Equipment’s.
- Planning and scheduling of Machine, Manpower and Material and Break Down Analysis and Elimination of Repetitive Break Down.
- Responsible to Annual Maintenance budget preparation and tracking through analysis of expenses and cash-flow
- Responsible to Planning and procurement of spares required for all Maintenance activity.
- Needs to drive the staff in a way that everyone follows the right process and duties, being all able to perform the job.
- Responding to and quickly correcting all quality and staff under-performance issues.
- Needs to coordinate and drive the team annual leave plan in a way that all staff can take leave by respecting the defined rules.
- Responsible to revise and create the necessary risk assessments and SOP for the new jobs . In order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality for maintenance , needs to organize, manage and monitor all Technical activities described in all SOP.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
- Must maintain high customer’s level satisfaction by being proactive in the resolution of the issues.
- Ensures that all type of maintenance and repair of the yard equipment and other port equipment are maintained and/or repaired in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of equipment.
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive or corrective maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Monitor and develop maintenance staff to ensure technical skills are maintained, and that a transfer of that knowledge is made to employees whenever appropriate.
- Ensure that breakdowns are repaired promptly, and that the repair work does not disrupt the Operations. Control overtime through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the technical department, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reviews and recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Creates, issue purchase requisitions of material/parts & Authorizes finishing (closing) open work orders
- Writes accident reports; participates in accidents/damage evaluation/costs/Investigation
- Organize meetings with the staff to communicate goals, objectives, and planning and scheduling, and to motivate group to achieve these goals.
- Implement the maintenance and repair of all Yard Equipment and associated support equipment to ensure maximum operational capabilities.
- Identify and recommend stock levels for components and assemblies which are required; consequently authorize, or seek authority, within budgetary limits to purchase specific items.
- Monitor the manpower levels and requirements within his Department. This will also include an active role in the recruitment and subsequent employment selection process.
- Maintains an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSSE Department; ensures all injuries are reported timely, properly investigated, and measures taken to prevent future injuries. Ensures good housekeeping practices throughout the workshop.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed and Brief daily activities to Maintenance Manager and seek advice as required.
- Supervises any sub-contractors that are working on specific projects, related to repair.
- Monitoring the on going development projects & keep updating and feed back in regular basis.
- Ensures appropriate records for maintenance are maintained. Performs other duties as required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Achieve and maintain all terminal KPIs.
- Demonstrate clear understanding and execution of the daily maintenance plan .
- High level of analytical & troubleshooting skill for port equipment’s .
- Required exceptional time management due to fast moving demanding work.
- Zero discrepancies between planning and executing.
- No delay in mail and correspondent handling.
- Seamless handover between Shifts.
- Hands on experience & lead by example.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma/ Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical/ Mechatronic/ Electromechanical), other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 Years of working experience in the related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- High standard in computer skill.
- Expert in PLC software and Hardware.(Brand: Siemens )
- Expert in Hydraulic , Pneumatic & Mechanical system maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Expert in all type of Port Equipment Maintenance.
- Ability to generate high volumes of relevant work, sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary and work with business-like approach to daily changes.
- Takes ownership for work. Meet daily challenges with a positive and open mind.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various equipment, and heavy industrial machinery.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Must have knowledge of general supervisory principles..
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities including planning, organizing, and directing work..
- Must be customer service oriented, sensitive to the needs of the departments and others.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date