Web Developer / Frontend Developer at Gentix PLC
Gentix PLC – At Gentrix, we help companies gain greater control over their online presence and reputation with software solutions to deliver a memorable ‘Near Me’ Brand Experience – from online interactions to offline sales. As a global SaaS provider, we build a bridge between the online and offline worlds. Our software solutions gives companies optimal online visibility – so businesses can easily connect with consumers at all the online touch points they have with the local outlets of a brand, from finding, persuading, buying and recommending, to returning as a regular customer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer / Frontend Developer
Location: Nationwide Nigeria (Remote due to COVID)
Job Type: Full time
Experience Level: Entry / Mid level
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Developer with computer programmer knowledge, who is proficient in frontend coding. His or her primary responsibility includes designing user interactions on websites, developing servers, and databases for website functionality and coding for our platform (Web & PWA).
- The successful candidate will be responsible for building the platform and contribute to the development of minor and major features.
- Must be able to work remotely and have a laptop and fast reliable internet. The successful candidate will be mentored and grow in a fast-paced but collegial environment.
- A Degree / HND in Computer Science, Information Science or any closely related study is required
- Front-end development (HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 4, JS & JQuery).
- Ability to use frontend libraries like VueJS or ReactJS
- DevOps Skills with Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, and AWS is an advantage (Not necessary)
Experience & Personal Skills:
- At least 1-2 years of building websites and apps that have successfully launched (Demostranstable track record of a portfolio of sites developed and PWAs built)
- Writes clean and structured code
- Excellent communication skills and manage expectations and ability to say I don’t know.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Be able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile development process. Knowledge of technology trends like Microservice infrastructure (Kubernetes a plus).
- Self-taught individuals are also encouraged to apply
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Design backend Architecture and Data Schema. Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform PWA optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Oversea Data integrity and rapidly fix bugs
- Will be involved in all aspects of the product including internal metrics system and ab testing framework etc
- Support the entire application lifecycle, design, develop, code, test and release PWA app in alignment with business goals
- Participating in weekly team meetings & Slack standups
- Troubleshoot and debug for optimal performance utilizing Agile methods while pivoting from one project to another
- Ongoing, quality assurance testing of the platform, maintenance, business planning, Contingency, and disaster recovery
Deadline: 21st August, 2020.
How to Apply