Water Analyst Officer at Solidarites International
Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water Analyst Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 4 Months – with possible extension.
- Implement, monitor and report water quality analysis of SI program.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of SI laboratory.
- Provide full support and training to WASH Staffs involved in analysis activities on the field.
- Insure personal flexibility (emergency phase), involvement and respect.
Water Quality Analysis:
- Complete analysis of water samples collected as well as provided by the field teams according to procedures defined by the managers,
- Fill the water analysis results sheets and communicate them to the PM assistant of the concerned base and to the MEAL Coordinator,
- Organize and plan the sampling of water from water points of SI programs under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator.
- Ensure that assigned activities are implemented according to program work plan and methodology validated by the management,
- Develop and manage a standardized water quality database for the mission;
- Support the WASH team to implement training for water analysis on the field,
- Check the quality and quantity of samples delivered by the field,
- Identify problems during implementation and suggest improvements on process, which includes regular visits to field sites to provide technical support to assigned field team and organize training if needed.
- Initiate and implement independent studies on water monitoring as neededOn request, participate in meetings (donor, authorities, NGO forum) and workshops relating to his/her field of activity and write up minutes to the Finance coordinator.
Operation of the Laboratory:
- Secure the materials of water analysis activities on a daily basis,
- Ensure that the materials and tools are stored in appropriate place and manner,
- Ensure the maintenance and the proper operating of all SI material related to water analysis,
- Ensure the material is properly used by field teams and organise training if needed.
- Manage the stock of chemicals & materials under the supervision of his/her direct supervisor and support on anticipating, preparing the order for the new purchase.
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Follow SI rules (logistics & administration) in order to arrange and conduct field missions in different SI bases and field of intervention
- Report back to his/her line Manager before, any additional information related to WASH related activities or any event that may affect Solidarités International activities and security.
- Work under the supervision of the WaSH Technical Advisor to ensure that water quality data is successfully integrated into the M&E tools.
- Contribute to the mission’s indicator database following a standard format allowing ready aggregation of data to enhance routine or periodic monitoring reports.
- Ensure close follow up of relevant indicators related to water supply;
- Produce a weekly report to managers regarding activities progress and analysis results according to formats,
- Coordinate with field representatives in accordance with management guidelines.
- Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration) + all WASH staff involved on the program.
- Have and promote good behavior on the field as a Solidarités International employee.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field.
- Proficiency in at least one technical domain i.e. Geology/hydrogeology/hydrology/Civil and/or water resources Engineering.
- Ability to manage a laboratory, lab equipments and reagents, and to deal with a wide range of stakeholders (community leaders, authorities etc.).
- Ability to lead emergency interventions i.e. cholera prevention and control, water quality mapping, database management, water quality analysis and interpretation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word skills) outlook, Kobo Collect.
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in officer position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and/or strong operational background.
- Languages: English, and other relevant languages spoken in the area of intervention (Hausa, Kanuri, etc will be a plus)
- Flexible, adaptable, autonomous, honest, good organization, multi-tasking, team player.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability), etc.
Deadline: 5:00 PM: 4th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your application by clicking on the link above, select Water Analyst Officer, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.