Warehouse Supervisor at British American Tobacco Plc. (BAT)
British American Tobacco Plc. (BAT) is a multinational company that manufactures and sells cigarettes, tobacco and other nicotine products. As of 2019, it is the largest tobacco company in the world based on net sales. BAT has operations in around 180 countries, with over 55,000 employees. For decades, we have built our business on successfully meeting the preferences of adult smokers with world-famous cigarette brands, superior blends and market-leading innovations. We have been satisfying consumers, delivering shareholder value and creating valued employment for over a century. An unprecedented confluence of technology, societal change and public health awareness has created a unique opportunity: the opportunity to make a substantial leap forward in our long-held ambition to provide our consumers with potentially reduced-risk tobacco and nicotine choices. The way our people operate is embodied in our four Guiding Principles: Enterprising Spirit, Freedom through Responsibility, Open Minded and Strength from Diversity. These principles underpin our culture and guide how we deliver our strategy. The culture of the Group is about developing talent from within, stretching and supporting the high performing managers who will lead the delivery of our strategy. Our employer brand – ‘Bring your Difference’ – has a strong presence across social media channels. We are leading our industry in social media engagement and have moved ahead of several top FMCG companies. Providing a safe place to work, protecting our employees’ wellbeing and listening to their views are also fundamental.
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Subsector: Warehouse Supervisor
Contract type: Permanent
Job reference: 1030028945
We are looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to manage and oversee all warehouse activities, ensure efficient processes, and maximize warehouse productivity. The warehouse supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising employees, coordinating logistical processes, ensuring the quality of goods, and preparing relevant documentation. This position will supervise and coordinate activities of the warehouse work areas to include supervising, receiving, storing, inventory and shipping of finished goods or raw materials. The successful incumbent will lead the warehousing relationships and look for opportunities to increase efficiencies. Working closely with Supply Chain, warehouse distribution executive will be required to ensure that production plans are updated, and imported products are received and put away in a timely manner. This role will Support the efficient and compliant operations of BAT services storage and shipping operations at the factory and any BAT offsite storages. Includes ensuring adherence to all product quality, traceability and safety guidelines. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring inventory movement activities to ensure all systems are accurately capturing correct inventory volumes, locations and status. We’re redefining an industry while going through our own digital transformation, using innovation to keep our portfolio of products at the cutting edge. We have always been committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the very best people in our business functions. As a member of our team, you’ll join an outstanding workplace, collaborating across borders with colleagues from multiple fields to evolve our business in one of the most dynamic phases of our history. Our company succeeds when our people thrive. Because the growth and well-being of our people are essential, we offer rich compensation, benefits, services, and development programs to help employees maintain and improve their health, wellness, and work/life balance. We empower our employees to balance their schedules to what suits them the most and how they are most productive.
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organization. To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Supervise the picking, staging, labelling, and loading of all shipments leaving the warehouse and verify the accuracy.
- Assists the Logistics Manager in overseeing all aspects of the warehouse operations.
- Assure that all items received from production are received properly, verified and delivered to the proper storage area.
- Arrange all warehouse storage in an orderly fashion to insure first-in and first-out (FIFO) rotation is maintained.
- Coordinate the movement of product between outside locations and the factory are made in a timely manner.
- Perform cycle counts and inventories to finished goods when requested.
- Inspect the warehouse area for safety hazards and environmental problems.
- Assure all paperwork is completed in a accurate and timely fashion.
- Assume responsibility for on-the-job training and orientation of warehouse personnel. Serve as the in-house trainer for training related new personnel’s.
- Schedule the daily work assignment of all warehouse personnel.
- Maintain the attendance records, counsel, and discipline warehouse personnel within currently Company guidelines.
- Assist Logistic Manager and Logistics Supervisor to reduce QSI issues.
- Support applicable ISO 9001 (QMS) and 14001 (EMS) activities and initiatives.
- Responsible for all weekly/monthly controls, monthly revenue recognition data for proper financial posting and product set up in SAP for sales and inventory transitions.
- Be the Point of contact for the Global team for primary/secondary transportation costs.
- Work closely with the impacted teams (warehouse, supply chain, logistics, etc.) to ensure daily, monthly, yearly targets are met.
- Work with each warehouse to ensure they are achieving/growing all warehouse KPI’s while at the same time looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and reduce cost.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in business, logistics or supply chain management.
- 3-5 years of experience in warehouse management, logistics, 3PL.
- Inventory management certification or CITT/ PLOG.
- Understanding Transportation processes.
- Experience working with SAP inventory management software and planning strategies.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and related KPI’s.
- Proficient Data analysis with Excel (Macros).
- Organizational and logistics skills.
- Problem solving and autonomous decision-making abilities.
- Proactive critical thinking.
- Must be able to make recommendations to management and execute directives.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of warehousing and shipping.
- Should always conduct selves in a professional and ethical manner and exercise good judgment.
- Must be detail oriented and maintain a focused work ethic to ensure accurate operation of the storage facility.
- Highly Competitive salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus & BAT Premium fringe benefits.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 55,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets.
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations.
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner.
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies.
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter via the apply form/button or our career email below: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants are contacted for the competency-based skills assessment and British American Tobacco virtual recruitment interview.
Deadline:: 30th April, 2022