Vacancies in a Logistic Business Firm – Vodstra Limited
Vodstra Limited – Our client in Logistic business requires competent candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager
- Responsible for providing leadership, general servicing, maintenance, repair of the vehicles to ensure zero breakdowns.
Specific Job Functions
- Provide leadership for the workshop by establishing vision, strategy and direction to meet Management objectives.
- Experienced in engine overhauling
- Shall administer the workshop on a daily basis.
- Shall ensure zero breakdown policy of the company is strictly adhered to.
- Plan strategies and coordinate resources for proper coverage of continuous improvement activities of the workshop
- Maintain an efficient, economical and continuous improved workshop operation by establishing the preventative maintenance
- Shall organize and supervise the servicing, maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet and shall ensure that the vehicles come to the workshop at the designated kilometers for servicing.
- Develop operating and capital budgets, manage expenses, identify opportunities to reduce costs and track performance against these budgets.
- Supervise and coordinate vendors, as required;
- Monitor inventory of spare parts; approve requisitions for new spare parts from Store, as required to ensure that such parts requested are used for the purpose for which they are requested.
- Deploy a spare parts management system to ensure best practice cost philosophy
- Ensure the mobile maintenance team is always available when called upon.
- HND/BSc in Automobile/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years relevant and practical experience in managing Technicians/Mechanics
- Experience in the repairs of Tata, Actros, Man Diesel and Mercedes Trucks
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Pro-active and organized
- Leadership, coordinating, scheduling and problem-solving skills
Job Title: Managing Director
- Develop and implement a growth-focused strategy to increase the company’s investment portfolio in the Transportation sector in Nigeria
- Drive the financial performance of the Company.
- Implementation of relevant structures (process, people, and systems) to support the achievement of the company’s vision, goals and promote investment opportunities for profitable growth.
- Ensure innovative processes for efficiency to promote customer satisfaction
- Drive business development that will transform the passenger and courier business of the Company during this challenging economic period.
- Report directly to the board
- Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administrations, Transport Management, and other relevant fields would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in courier business operations of Redstar Express, DHL, FedEx, UPS and other reputable courier companies, with at least 5 years in a Senior Management position
- Must be above 45 years of age but not more than 55 years.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a visionary leader with a high level of commercial acumen and a track record in managing the Transport business at the senior management level.
- Must have a deep understanding of passenger Transport and Courier operations, trucks/buses maintenance, scheduling and branch management
- Strong Business development and marketing skills including the ability to identify and implement new business opportunities
- Strong business acumen to lead the business to commercial success
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organization
- Good networking skills
- Ability to drive organizational changes needed to adapt strategically to changing business terrain and technology
- Provide direction for the operations, sales, technical and other teams for achieving challenging targets and objectives.
- Must have multicultural exposure with the ability to mix and interact at different levels of the society
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
Deadline: 15th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the mail subject.