United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Available Job Opportunity
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting & Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job No.: 549223
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Financial Management
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the general supervision of the Chief of Operations, and as the manager and functional expert of financial management services in a large country office, the Finance Manager is accountable for the provision of managerial leadership and policy guidance for achievement of effective financial service management; ensures management of finance staff for cost-effective, quality and efficient financial operations in support of office country programme; and ensures that the office’s financial operations and services are in compliance with the organization’s financial policy, procedures, rules, and regulations.
You will do this by:
- Effective operations of financial management
- Correct Policy interpretation and application by remaining accountable for the correct and consistent application of organizational policies and procedures in the management of finance functions through the provision of technical leadership and support in the area of accounting and finance to the country office.
- Fiduciary integrity / responsibility for funds and assets.
- Leadership in strategic planning and policy formulation in the area of financial operations.
- Development of the financial component of the CPMP.
- Develop training to ensure effective financial operational performance and efficiency.
- Collaborate to ensure adherence to financial regulations and rules pertaining to Direct Cash Transfers to Government (DCTs).
- Cooperates and coordinates with other UN agency counterparts in the UN reform initiatives (including HACT capacity building of IPs, finance initiatives, etc.).
- Advising the Chief of Operations on finance matters and providing guidance on all financial submissions of the office.
- Coordinates / liaise with the Chief of Operation, Regional Office, or DFAM(as required) for policy formulation in the area of finance; advises on the applicability of new financial policy directives.
- Advanced University Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or Economics.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience in accounting or financial management.
- Both national and international work experience in management, finance, accounting, or related fields.
- Fluency in English
For every Child, you Demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA)
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1);
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2);
- Works Collaboratively with others (2);
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2);
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2);
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2);
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2);
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 12th April, 2022 (West Central Africa Standard Time).
Important Information and Notice:
- During the recruitment process, we test candidates following a competency framework. Familiarize with our competency framework and its different levels: https://uni.cf/Competencies
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, appearance, socio-economic status, ability, age, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, to apply to become a part of the organization. More information on UNICEF’s commitment to diversity and inclusion: https://uni.cf/InclusiveUNICEF