Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Internal Audit Manager, West Africa
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager, West Africa
Job ID: R-31075
Background & Purpose of the Job
- This role is responsible for Internal Audit in Unilever for the West Africa sub-region including the development and execution of Internal Audit plans, and co-ordination of work with Corporate Audit
- Direct reporting line is to Internal Audit Director, Africa
- The role also leads a quarterly discussion with the Audit Committees of Unilever Nigeria and Unilever Ghana
- The role partners the Business Integrity (BI) function to carry out Investigations requiring Financial Audit & Investigations expertise across the region, including presentation of investigation findings, & following up implementation of remedial actions.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The following shall be the main accountabilities of the role holder:
- To plan, prepare, brief and review audits, effectively communicate findings, add value and recommend best practice to management. To co-ordinate with Controllers and their teams, and Corporate Audit, to focus review work in the most impactful areas. To obtain sign off by the NFD and other relevant stakeholders and to engage with them to drive improved controls ownership and operation (Planning and Executing Audits).
- To advise management on the design and test of controls to detect and prevent fraud in the business. Focus attention on downside risks in identified areas of Control Vulnerability (Fraud Risk Assessment Audits)
- To support management in creating a control environment that considers risk and enables a well-controlled business. This involves raising control awareness and skills within the African business (Leading Controls- Coaching & Training)
- To review independently and give feedback (quick cycle executed in real time as well as long term improvement feedback executed in subsequent cycles) management self-assurance processes of Control & CHI Dashboards, Checklists, Sign Offs, Risk Identification and Risk ratings, and other such processes and feed into a continuous improvement cycle of control (Auditing Assurance Processes)
- To give independent controls assessment & recommendations to the businesses and functions in the transformation of their processes for operations and management control (Audit Controls Design).
- To independently review compliance with laws, regulations, Unilever policies, Code of Business principles and other external requirements (Governance)
- To undertake special reviews e.g. Fraud investigations as will be assigned by Management (Investigations)
- To continuously improve the impact of Internal Audit in West Africa to improve the long term controls environment and risk management
- Effectively manage the Risk and Internal Audit team of direct reports in West Africa.
- Ensure team members have the required skills and competencies to do their roles through providing support, career advice, coaching, development, and mentoring.
- Ensure team members achieve their role objectives through engaging in performance management processes and in line with our Performance Culture.
- Responsible for the health & safety of team members and create a collaborative working environment within and across the team and supporting functions.
- Effectively manage team changes & issues such as promotions, resignations; absence management and so on according to the Company guidelines.
- Recruit team members as required according to the Company guidelines and on-board new starters as per UL best practices (Managing People)
- To undertake any other assignments relevant to Internal Audit Management
- All Departments
- CD / Marketing Team
- Finance Department
- HR / Legal/ Corporate Affairs
- Regional Stakeholders.
- University Degree
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in Audit (internal/ external)
- Qualified accountant with reputable body
- FMCG experience.
Key Skills and Competence:
- Experience in Auditing (internal or external audit)
- Effective leadership skills to manage teams across geographies
- Strong influencing and stakeholder skills
- Highest standards of ethics and independence and applies professional scepticism
- Inclusive analytical ability – Root Cause Analysis
- Flexible and able to operate in other Finance roles
- Assertive and able to hold stakeholders accountable, including those of seniority
- Ability to communicate at all levels including listed entity Audit Committees.