Transport Coordinator at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Services – Logistics
- This position will work with the Leadership team and be responsible for project management, client and vendor management and financial management related to transportation management (inbound, outbound and forward brokerage operations throughout the region across all business segments).
Hub Transport Management:
- Managing co-loader contracts and negotiating with fleet contractors for better pricing:
- Dispute solving and MIS maintenance
- Planning initiatives for a reduction in fleet contractors’ cost
- Performance management for TAT adherence across all lanes for both same city and long-haul movements
- Financial Reconciliation: Reconciliation of chargeable weight/ packets and any lost cases
- Publish daily capacity planning based on small/medium/ bulky percentages.
Return Shipment Management:
- Manage any network operational issues and fleet contractors’ distribution to reduce return (DRTV) pendency and cost
- Share DRTV plan for a 3PL partner based on forwarding load at Vendor drop-offs/ pick-ups/ network hub to manage the handover
- Ensuring 100% acceptance of all return load from 3PLs and controlled fleet at network reverse hub.
- Managing the lost compliance and write-off guidelines for shipments stuck at a network
- Ensuring cycle count being done as per the SLA guidelines at all the network hubs
- Manage customer escalation cases for all shipments stuck at the network – RCA done for the exact issue
- Drive new process initiatives and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment/visibility of shipments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 7 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- A clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience in supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management.
Skills and Competences:
- Ability to lead large and remote teams
- Hardworking, result-oriented, methodical, very structured;
- Pro-active, both autonomous and team player, Flexible;
- High analytical skills.
- Network distribution management
- Implementing fleet contractor pickup plan at the decided cut-off for 99.9% adherence
- Tracking vehicle and projected delivery time to respective hubs for 99.9% adherence
- 100% Closure for short receiving / excess shipment / interchange.
- Head of Network Manager
- Head of Logistics
- Regional Logistics Manager
- Global Logistics Manager.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.