The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Localisation & Organisational Development Expert
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Identification Number: 6739
Job Category: Coordination
- Localisation experts are responsible for the achievement of NORCAP’s localisation strategy in their countries of deployment.
- This includes organisational capacity strengthening of NORCAP Local and National Actor partners in governance and other areas; supporting the participation of Local and National in coordination and decision making structures; encouraging country structures to adopt a more systematic and coordinated approach to localisation and ensuring NORCAP plays a relevant and leading role within this area
- As a Localisation (and organisational development) expert, you will work as part of a small country team with the Lake Chad countries, also including a Gender (and organisational development) Expert, and the regional project team including experts in other countries.
- You will also be part of the wider NORCAP Localisation Community of Practice, within the Humanitarian Response and Resilience department.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Enabling Participation and Coordination by Local and National Actor partners
- Development and delivery of a capacity strengthening programme
- Leadership, Governance and Advocacy
- Accountability, Learning and Compliance
- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER)
- Financial management
- Master’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience and skills, particularly in the engaging and working with civil society groups in different countries and contexts.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian, development, or peacebuilding sectors within national/international NGOs, UN bodies or Government institutions.
- Documented results within organisational development within a humanitarian or development organisation.
- Experience from strategy work, fundraising, project management or advocacy.
- Demonstrable professional knowledge of the humanitarian / development / peacebuilding sectors at both policy and operational level and results related to the post’s responsibilities.
- Demonstrable experience with planning, initiating, implementing, and managing projects in the relevant sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency and proficient writing skills in English for all countries and French is required for Francophone countries.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
8th July, 2022 (09:50 PM).
Note: All applications should be in written in English.