Technical Optimization Lead (Embedded, Off Grid, Bilateral & Technical Loss Model) at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Optimization Lead (Embedded, Off Grid, Bilateral & Technical Loss Model)
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head, Technical Operations
- This role is responsible for providing cost effective technical solution for new and existing grid connections, embedded generations and modeling IE distribution network.
- Design a workable solution for all request from Business Optimization or Marketing for Embedded, Off grid and Bilateral request.
- Optimize and plan technical solutions for Bilateral estates
- Develop a Technical Loss study report and analysis to reduce the T & D Losses of IE
- Develop annual optimization operating philosophy for all category of IE technical assets
- Develop annual optimization plans, initiatives and programmes for existing IE technical assets and infrastructure
- Perform periodic sizing of all IE assets to identify areas of wastages and overloads
- Perform periodic review of IE technical architecture and identify potential optimization opportunities
- Collaborate with GIS Coordinator to ensure IE current infrastructure and technical database are updated and useful for management decision making
- Monitors the IE networks for new innovation to optimize the assets
- Formation of strategy for the Technical Initiatives to optimize the existing IE assets and make it perform at its best with minimal cost.
- Ensure proper technical asset inventory and management in line with international standards
- Manage and oversee the completion of all new and existing Technical initiatives in IE Networks
- Provide support for Technical Budget preparation and implementation and advise to Top management.
- Provide advice and guidance to other technical units for performance improvement in the way services are discharged to meet world standard and latest technology
- Drive and ensure all POC analysis and test are carried out for all optimization initiatives and programs before full rollout implementation across the business
- Thoroughly understand and communicate power distribution optimization strategies to appropriate stakeholders as well as manage all requirements to realize the objectives each for the stakeholder
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in strict compliance with approved technical system operation procedures in order to protect Ikeja Electric’s personnel, assets and corporate reputation
- Monitor functional area performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Attend meeting, seminar and conference on behalf of IE with other DISCOs and regulatory bodies
- Provide support in preparation of all technical reports to regulatory bodies
- Ensure all Technical databases are up to date and managed effectively with other units in IE
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Take responsibility for compliance with all Quality Management System /Occupational Health & Safety related activities as documented in IE technical operations manual, risk assessment register and other relevant documents.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the HTOT, CTO.
- A Degree or its equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience.
- An MSc/COREN certification will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Power Engineering distribution networks
- Ability to use power system modelling software
- Knowledge of distribution codes and standards
- Conversant with smart grid technologies and renewable energy
- Data Analysis
- Proficiency in the use of computers.
- Knowledge of Project Management.
- Report writing skills.
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Leadership/ Managerial Skills
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
12th April, 2022.