Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Learning Advisor
- The Technical Learning Advisor will be responsible for coordinating and driving the technical learning objectives for the project
- S/He will develop and implement learning strategies and tools for the technical and marketing team’s processes and deliverables.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Design tools and processes for rapid, ongoing technical learning, suited to programme team work plans and deliverables.
- Conduct process documentation of country-based design work.
- Document prototyping including methods, prototype characteristics, and assessment results.
- Develop dynamic prototype ‘report cards’ tailored to the country context to ensure documents are ready for external audiences’ engagement and critical learning exchange.
- In line with the project technical documentation guidelines, support development of technical publications (grey literature) reflecting the project process and learning publications that go beyond surface promotional publications, to critically examine technical strategy and its implementation.
- Facilitate and document action point reviews regularly to ensure structured, team-wide pause, reflection, and learning.
- Execute structured capture of insights, insight synthesis, and resulting design decisions leading to the development of prototypes within the project, using tools co-developed by the technical learning team. This will be done under the oversight of the Project Director.
- In collaboration with the learning, M&E, and marketing leads, develop and execute prototyping assessment protocols including rubrics for assessment and standards/templates for documentation of prototypes, ensuring alignment with agreed-upon thresholds of evidence and methodological rigour.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree in Social Science, International Development, Evaluation Research, Statistics, Economics or related field of study. Master’s in Public Health will an added advantage.
- Demonstrate understanding of structured learning and improvement approaches, e.g. USAID’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation framework, DFID’s Adaptive Management approach, the Deming Cycle, continuous quality improvement, etc.
- Ability to translate complex programmatic information into user-friendly guidance for teams and user-oriented knowledge products for external partners, including technical publications, webinars, abstracts, and tools.
- A minimum of five (5) years of in technical sexual and reproductive health-related roles, and Learning and knowledge management roles, including technical writing in donor-funded environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the complexities of public health programming in challenging operating environments.
- Proven expertise and competence in facilitation and team-based collaborative learning approaches.
Skills and Competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Good Analytical skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills as evidenced by publications or cover letter
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Proven expertise and competence in facilitation and presentation
- Leadership Skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2020.