Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Engineer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To provide solutions when the network, technical equipment/infrastructure breaks down or are no longer functioning efficiently.
- Coordinates the activities of the technical crew in carrying out technical. operations at the Business Hub to ensure a high degree of reliability/availability of the network (maintenance, refurbishment, modifications, and construction, installations, commissioning, and testing of equipment.
- Ensures all field activities are carried out according to safety standards.
- Escalates equipment conditions or other facility anomalies that could affect electricity supply which cannot be resolved at the Business Hub level
- Prepares reports on technical activities as required
- Ensures all technical equipment is functioning properly within safety margins.
- Responds to customer complaints relating to the network / technical aspects – investigates root cause of problems and initiates corrective actions to rectify problems.
- Supervises contractors and ensures that all activities conform to company quality policies and procedures and accepted technical standards.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Required Experience: 10 – 15 years
- Analytical Thinking
- Impact and Influence
- Organizational Awareness
- Communication with clarity.
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of power distribution operations
- Deep understanding of principles of electrical instrumentation and mechanical installation, functions and maintenance
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of safety management
- Good stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Leadership skill
- Organisational Skills.
Deadline: 11th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here to See Vacancies” and select “Technical Engineer” to apply accordingly.