System Integration and Deployment (SID) Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Integration and Deployment (SID) Advisor (Development and System Support)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the System Integration and Deployment Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The System Integration and Deployment (SID) Advisor (Development and System Support) will be responsible for system support, development support, development resource sourcing, system and database monitoring, documentation design and development and web UI and backend application
- Your primary focus will be the management and maintenance of developed web applications, monitor and manage existing system integration, manage Azure cloud and on-premise server applications (Web servers (apache and IIS), database server (MySQL & SQL Server), ftp servers), firewall rules management for azure and on-premise servers, periodic database backup, source resources for development team, coordinate system testing, deployment, users feedback, users support, system documentation, manage and transform data from sources to MySQL database
- Therefore, a very good understanding of web design, development, basic database administration and web app management is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Web backend development using PHP
- Management and maintenance of developed web applications.
- To monitor and manage existing system integrations.
- To deploy and manage Azure cloud and on-premise server applications (Web servers (apache and IIS), database server (MySQL & SQL Server), ftp servers).
- To create and manage firewall rules for azure and on-premise servers.
- To do periodic database (MySQL & SQL Server) backup, data integration, data clean up etc.
- To manage and transform data from sources to MySQL database.
- To coordinate system testing and deployment, manage users’ feedback and users support.
- To monitor application stability with the laid down guidelines
- To keep track of all schedule task and follow up on them
- To design system process and documentation
- To bridge gap between system development technical team and System requesting Department.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external system users
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Assist developers source resource, test application, and research on technology needed.
- Assist and support as when needed with training users on application.
- Routine system maintenance and database backup
- Remain up to date with the latest trends in software development
- Contribute to planning meetings with user departments and respond to development suggestions as appropriate.
- The System Integration and Deployment Advisor will report to System Integration and Deployment Manager.
- The System Integration and Deployment Advisor will report directly to the System Integration and Deployment Manager.
- Strong knowledge of PHP technology.
- Knowledge of object-oriented in PHP programming.
- MySQL database management
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Proficient with data file conversions (MS Excel, MS Access, CSV, XML, JSON, etc).
- Programmatically import and export data from database and data files.
- Familiarity with SQL / NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- At least 4 years of relevant and demonstrated work experience in software development and integration environment (with diverse platforms is an added advantage).
Required Soft Skills:
- Passionate about writing beautiful and clean code.
- Paying attention to details.
- Good looking and user-friendly Vuejs UI design.
- Creative and innovative design and application development.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.