Sustainability Officer, Technical & Environment at Frigoglass Industries (Nigeria) Limited
Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited is the global leader in the Ice Cold Merchandisers (ICM) market and the principal supplier of glass packaging in the high growth markets of West Africa, supplying to more than 10 countries across the continent.
In our glass container business, we are focused on markets in Africa, which are increasingly the prime regions of investment for our customers. We aim to create value for our customers by building on our position as a leading supplier of glass bottles and complementary packaging solutions in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Officer, Technical & Environment
Location: Agbara, Ogun
- Ensure that all sustainability-related requirements, environmental management compliance, as well as legal, regulatory, and other obligations, are up to date and adequately monitored.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation, and achievement of environmental objectives.
- Conduct impact assessments in order to identify, assess, and reduce the organization’s environmental and financial risks.
- Develop, implement, and monitor projects for environmental improvement.
- Audit, analyze, and report on environmental performance to internal and external clients, as well as regulatory bodies; this will include responding to and managing customer sustainability requests.
- Promote and increase awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues at all levels of the organization.
- Promote the company’s commitment to reducing negative environmental impacts and coordinating efforts for carbon emission reduction.
- Produce environmental reports in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) formats.
- Ensure that Ecovadis’ performance is monitored and that corrective actions are developed and implemented as needed to achieve continuous improvement.
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of all environmental metrics.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all government regulatory agencies (National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA), Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), Ogun State Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA), etc.
- Manage public and legislative concerns that affect the company’s capacity to operate.
- Set goals and targets for the organization’s long-term sustenance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Environmental Management, Applied Engineering (Electronics preferred) or any science related course
- 5-7 years experience in related industry
- Must be have requisite skills to perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Good report writing and document control skills
- Ability to use Microsoft office – MS Excel, MS Words and Power Point.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2022