Store keeper at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store keeper
Job Number 21057925
Location: Lagos Marriott Hotel Ikeja, 122 Joel Ogunnaike Street, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
- Receive and stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Stack received merchandise on pallets or carts.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Notify manager / supervisor of low stock levels in a timely manner.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock. Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas. Organize, clean, and sanitize all refrigerators and freezers, floors, food equipment, and drains. Remove empty pallets, cardboard, and trash and place in proper storage areas.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager;Ccomplete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Protect company assets.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.