Store Keeper Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Belgium
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Medecins Sans Frontieres provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Keeper Assistant
Contract Period: Indefinite
- Education- Minimum of HND / OND or its equivalent
- Experience: Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing tasks as per the Storekeeper’s instructions. This includes but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving goods arriving to the store, checking its status/condition and amounts in the waybill
- Preparing outgoing items in a clean and optimized way by appropriately packing, sealing and labeling goods, assisting with recording the exits on stock cards and project form, and ensuring good quality of cold chain when needed
- Ensuring that goods are well organized and stored in a clean area to be visible and traceable i.e. assisting in the stock inventory, storing items according to nature and use, and ensuring that the temperature in the store is appropriate and items that require cold chain are correctly stored
- Carrying out basic maintenance of the store, ensuring security conditions (keeping unauthorized staff out, locking, etc….)
- Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas
- Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided
- Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work
- Carry out or participate in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Report missing material/ damage/ robbery to supervisor.
- Control warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensure doors and other exists are secured.Monitor temperature in the warehouse and ensure that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received and prepared appropriately according to MSF protocols
- Help Msf Staff carry heavy items if necessary.
Deadline: 30th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption as follow: email@example.com (SoftCopy)
Send Hard Copies to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Maitama – Abuja.
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.