Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Education Finance Manager
Location: Rivers / Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- To drive the sector strategy within assigned regions, by managing the Regional Education finance Officers to ensure agreed goals / targets are delivered, by training the branch sales team, managing the sales funnel and taking the lead in specific client engagements, thereby leading to overall performance / profitability of the sector; while contributing to the product development process and effectively collaborating with relevant stakeholders to develop marketing strategies that positions and differentiates the Bank within the education sector
- Provide leadership for Regional Education Officers performance within assigned region
- Drive and provide support for business development and relationship management within the assigned region
- Monitor and implement the strategy for the creation of a low risk portfolio
- Develop strategies that will reduce customer attrition / dormancy whilst increasing the number of New to Bank Customers monthly within assigned region
- Develop a long-term, mature pipeline of solutions-based opportunities
- Carry out market surveys and gather market intelligence to strategize and proactively position the Bank within the sector and assigned region
- Develop and implement an effective liability generation system for the sector within the region by ensuring clients are offered relevant products and services that meet their business needs
- Act as the subject matter expert for visits and presentations to potentially large and complex clients.
- Communicate continuously on the value proposition of the sector’s products to the sales teams and develop sales tools that supports the selling process of these products
- Participate in the delivery of regular training of all stakeholders and ensure reduction of knowledge gap within assigned region
- Provide timely and organized responses to customer feedback on products and services
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Financial Institution working in roles related to sales, Business Development, Product Management. Experience in Health management will also be considered favorably
Deadline: 24th July, 2020.