State Team Leader at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Team Leader
Team: SHARP T02
- The State Team Leader, as a member of the strategic team, will consistently provide overall supervision for state surge activities, state implementation team, and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements.
- S/He will also coordinate the development of state strategic plan of action and monitor work plan and budget optimization; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinate partner efforts in program implementation; serve as the point of contact of SHARP TO2 with government officials and coordinate and collaborate with all public sector and NGO partners at the state level.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Policy and Governance, Health Economics, or other relevant field required with 5-7 years’ experience
- Or Bachelor’s degree in Public Health and Governance, health Economics or other relevant field required with 7-9 years’ experience
- Demonstrated success managing large, complex international donor programmes; previous experience in managing a USAID contract strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other development programmes, local organizations, host country governments, and international agencies
- At least 6 years of mid-level experience implementing, and managing or evaluating complex health programmes, with an emphasis on health systems strengthening; health financing; and/or health sector policy and strategies
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the health policy environment and governance in Nigeria or in a country of similar development context; experience in Nigeria, particularly in the Northern regions preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required.
Deadline: 21st September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.