Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Institutional Sales – SIAML
Job ID: 50262
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- The sales Officer will ensure customer engagements by driving tailor made solutions for individuals and corporates prospects, ensure active customer engagement by educating clients on market activities, instill customer confidence on our expertise and Increase customer loyalty by marketing innovative products offerings and services.
- The officer will ensure active engagement with other business units to increase collaborations. This entails deepening relationships with the numerous clients to increase share of mind, share of wallet and customer loyalty.
To grow our AUM across all funds and ensure excellent customer service and delivery in line with global best service standards.
- Grow our AUM across all funds/products
- Actual Performance vs Budget – Periodic targets achievements
- Ensure new lead generation and conversion of these leads to sales
- Make certain existing database are mined to drive market share
- Aggressive customer engagements by driving tailor made solutions for individuals and corporates prospects
- Effectively communicate and follow through with client requests to back office /support units
- Consistently identify value to our customers by leveraging the various resources within the group
- Proffer possible strategies to improve sales and relating to customers
- Cross-selling other products of the Group
Ensure complete KYC compliance / Customer satisfaction:
- Profile all new client’s appropriately and ensure KYC compliance on all new mandate
- Effective communication, Marketing innovative products, adequate knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures
- Ensure products are marketed in line with customer risk profile and investment objective
- Minimize customers’ dissatisfaction and product mis-selling
- To grow our client base through active collaboration
- Provide an end to end financial service solution via our sales pitch
- Provide relevant feedback and competition news to relevant Business Units to assist with strategic planning and decision making
- Maintain open communication with the investment management Unit on client and market expectations
- Driving UFSOrisation and collaboration with other departments/branches/wealth reps to increase client engagements
- Increase customer loyalty by marketing innovative products offerings and services across the group.
Adhere to company’s core values:
- 100% KYC documentation
- Excellent customer service delivery
- Project maximum professionalism and confidence
- Upholding the highest level of integrity
- Effective communication
Provide sound investment advice through data analysis, interpretation and presentation:
- Competition news
- Product analysis & presentation to clients
- New Product recommendation
- Providing clients feedback
Provide sound ideas and innovations in the unit:
- Provide support to the team by providing new ideas.
- Innovations by technology through data analysis
- Complete disclosure of events/activities
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in any field
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is required.
- Minimum 1 year post CFP qualification experience with at least 1 year spent in the Financial Sector
- Minimum of 3 years’ sales experience with exposure in Sales & Relationship Management
- Effective Business Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Brand Management
- Customer Understanding
- Microsoft Office Suite