Specialized Technician – Electricity & Maintenance at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialized Technician – Electricity & Maintenance
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required. Open Ended
Performing autonomously, all necessary complex / advanced installations, maintenance and repairs (i.e. requiring special qualifications/training), according to the supervisor’s instructions and executes any needed tests after any repair or maintenance. Including the following functions:
- Qualified Electrician
- Qualified Plumber
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed. Preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations, equipment and assisting logistics department for any relative work needed.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Immediately informing the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins
- Working in collaboration with other specialized technicians and workers, if necessary, or managing a small team of workers.
- Technical diploma or university degree in Electrical, Electronics, Power, Physics, plumbing or Mechanical Engineering is essential.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is essential.
- Practical/hands-on experience in electrical designs, electrical wiring, electrical installation and plumbing works is essential (minimum 2 years’ experience).
- Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
- Monthly Gross salary of 280,592.000 NGN plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to “MSF France Administration Office” by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Submit a paper application to our “Administration / HR Manager” in the mailbox located in front of our office: Olu Agabi Close, 26 – Life Camp.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.