Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialized Technician – Electricity & Maintenance
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required. Open Ended
Performing autonomously, all necessary complex / advanced installations, maintenance and repairs (i.e. requiring special qualifications/training), according to the supervisor’s instructions and executes any needed tests after any repair or maintenance. Including the following functions:
- Qualified Electrician
- Qualified Plumber
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed. Preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations, equipment and assisting logistics department for any relative work needed.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Immediately informing the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins
- Working in collaboration with other specialized technicians and workers, if necessary, or managing a small team of workers.
- Technical diploma or university degree in Electrical, Electronics, Power, Physics, plumbing or Mechanical Engineering is essential.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is essential.
- Practical/hands-on experience in electrical designs, electrical wiring, electrical installation and plumbing works is essential (minimum 2 years’ experience).
- Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
- Monthly Gross salary of 280,592.000 NGN plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to “MSF France Administration Office” by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Submit a paper application to our “Administration / HR Manager” in the mailbox located in front of our office: Olu Agabi Close, 26 – Life Camp.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.