Specialist, Tax & Regulatory at IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Tax & Regulatory
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Tax & Regulatory. Based in Lagos, you implement approved policies, processes and procedures to enable the business optimize tax, manage tax documents properly, and minimize tax costs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory to address all tax-related matters.
- Support the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory in effectively and efficiently managing the company’s tax and regulatory portfolio to achieve key business objectives of tax compliance and optimization.
- Assist in providing support to tax officials during tax audits and investigation exercises, from field work to the conclusion of the tax audit exercise.
- Own and manage the tax and regulatory tracker to ensure that all correspondences are attended to as and when due without any miss.
- Prepare tax transactions and tax remittance schedules. Monitor and ensure timely payment of taxes.
- Ensure prompt filling of periodic tax returns.
- Prepare tax reconciliation schedules to the general ledger.
- Prepare periodic draft tax calculations for internal reporting.
- Coordinate and manage all tax documents and inward/ outward correspondences.
- Provide support in proper management of all tax files and documents.
- Support the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory in organizing technical sessions with units/ departments of the business.
- Support in ensuring that all tax postings are done correctly. Also, support provision of schedules to the Financial Reporting team.
- Prepare draft tax calculations for review as aids to filling and rendering statutory returns.
- Prepare required regulatory reporting.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Tax & Regulatory.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance / Business Management.
- Relevant professional certification, e.g. ICAN / CITN, is mandatory.
- +5 years’ experience in tax management / consulting.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Tax Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Relationship Building
- Attention to Detail
- Workload Management.
Deadline: 16th February, 2021.