Specialist, Health System Strengthening and Sustainability at Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN)
The Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) LTD / GTE is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
We require the services of individuals with skills and expertise to work on an anticipated HIV Care and Treatment program by USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) in the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Health System Strengthening and Sustainability
Locations: Bauchi, Jigawa and Kano
Employment Type: Full time
- The sustainability Specialist will work with the state program implementing team to strengthen health systems and integrated service delivery in the assigned locations, including health financing, human resources for health, human capacity development, system governance.
- They will work with the state implementing team to ensure a cost-effective approach in implementing ACE activities
Number of positions:
- Bauchi – 1, Jigawa – 1, Kano – 1. Total – 3.
- Support the development of the ACE project sustainability and transition plan within 180 days
- For efficient and effective monitoring and planning of project activities, participate in developing work plans and program activity tracking sheets aligned with budget.
- Participate in the review and revision of activity focused on maximizing sustainability and transition to state actors
- Assist and Support technical advisors and state coordinators as required to effectively manage technical support functions to maximize impact and result
- Participate in the data collection, analysis, result interpretation, and dissemination for effective qualitative and quantitative research
- Participate in work plan development, training, and program activities
- Develop communications, presentations, and reports around innovative approaches and strategies to advance the sustainability of integrated service delivery and health systems, strengthening
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Sustainability and HSS Advisors.
Mode of Evaluation
- Monthly activity program report
- ACE project sustainability and transition plan
- Quarterly report.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Health Sciences or related Health, Medical or Social Sciences
- 5+ years of experience in health systems strengthening and human capacity development
- Human resources for health, HIV service delivery, public sector financing, etc
- Proficient in excel, word processing; Strong written and oral communications skills; ability to effectively communicate with state actors
- Interpersonal / Individual Competencies: Ability to build trust, driven, innovation, the ability to build and maintain relations with multiple stakeholders.
Work Interactions and Conditions
- Ability to manage time and project management skills.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is subject to GGHN’s award from the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) 72062021RFA00004 – NPI GH ROUND 8.
- Please indicate the location you are interested in working.