Specialist, Company Secretariat Services at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Company Secretariat Services
Location: Lagos, NG
- Support Company Secretary in ensuring properly organized board and board committee meetings, ensuring proper custody of corporate and statutory records, liaising with the solicitors and the Corporate Affairs Commission to ensure up to date filling of corporate returns, maintaining and updating of statutory books of the company.
- Track development in corporate governance and legislation/regulations that impacts on the corporate nature of the company.
- Support the provision of other legal services.
- Prepare Board Report
- Provide support in preparing for all Company-wide meetings & board meetings.
- Assist in maintaining statutory books, registers and other relevant information required to be maintained by the Company Secretary’s office.
- Liaise with the immigration, logistics, fleet and security teams to ensure all plans and preparations for Shareholders, Board and Board committee meetings are well organized and implemented.
- Assist in developing meeting agenda and other documentation required for Annual General Meetings, Board and Board committee meetings and collate and ensure all board papers are dispatched timely to the Board of Directors and relevant stakeholders.
- Attend all Company meetings and provide relevant functions in furtherance of the meetings.
- Track legislative and regulatory developments relating to company secretariat function and corporate governance.
- Review the Articles of Association and make recommendations from time to time to ensure that the provisions are adequate for running the Company.
- Conduct research and provide legal advice and opinions where required.
- Assist in extracting action points and decisions made at meetings and circulate to all stakeholders.
- File statutory reports: manage records and ensure relevant documentation are well kept in the Company Secretary’s office.
- Draft responses to internal and external correspondence, prepare periodic reports and when assist in information gathering.
- Assist in attending to the Board of Directors’ requests and providing any required support.
- Undertake such other functions that maybe come necessary for the proper running of the Company Secretariat and other duties assigned by the Company Secretary.
- Perform other legal functions including drafting of contracts, correspondence, and transactional documents.
- Assist in disputes & litigation management and ensure the prompt escalation of high profile matters to the Company Secretary.
- Education Requirement: LLB, BL
- Minimum of 4 years post-NYSC experience in a law firm or in the office of a Company Secretary. (Preferably the latter or both)
- Certified member of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries or currently at any level of the certification program will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with CAMA and otherrelevant laws and the ability to understand and interpret information, laws andregulations
- Good understating of best practices incorporate governance
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solvingskills
- Excellent communication skills (writtenand oral)
- Excellent planning and organisingskills
- Proficient typing skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Suite (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date