Social Media Manager at Pulse Nigeria
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Pulse is looking for a Social Media Manager to join the team. As a Social Media Manager, you will develop and execute social media and digitally-focused initiatives across our social media channels, aimed at engaging with the Pulse audience and clients.
- Our ideal candidate is passionate, socially aware of changing media trends and equal parts a content developer and community manager.
- The Social Media Manager is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Head of Social Media and work very closely with the Editor in Chief.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities in line with KPIs including but not limited to:
- Management of Pulse Nigeria’s social media pages; create, curate, and distribute content relevant to the target audience across all assigned social media channels; ensuring proper content distribution, proper use of channels’ features, and community management following standard execution guidelines.
- Community management – daily spam-check across all the channels and other commenting systems. Approve comments when necessary & quick response/monitoring of comments following the standard guidelines.
- Monitor trends and happenings across channels using social media tools such as; IO Analytics, CrowdTangle, etc. and ensure time-to-market for the content distribution is efficient.
- Become an advocate for the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to map out marketing strategies and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the business – Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results.
- Keep up to date, research and suggest new social media account management tools.
- Collaborate with other teams: Editorial, Video, and Sales teams to achieve company-wide goals.
- Support the Head of Social Media and Head of Marketing to actively propose and help implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the company’s overall revenue and profit targets.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing social media accounts.
- Great content creation skills.
- Good knowledge of social media tools such as IO Analytics, CrowdTangle, etc.
Remuneration is competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role with the position you are applying for as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.