Senior Technical Officer – Maternal & Neonatal Health at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Maternal & Neonatal Health
- Will ensure high technical standards and quality of MNH services especially G-ANC in selected facilities, develop/adopt technical policies/guidelines/protocols on G-ANC, Malaria in Pregnancy.
- Develop/adapt capacity building plan and materials on MNH (specifically G-ANC) based on needs and support the SPHCDA, SMOH, LGPHC department and health facilities to implement the plan.
- S/He will support the SPHCDA/SMoH to organize Joint Integrated Supportive Supervision to selected health facilities, support the government of Yobe State to develop G-ANC policy and related policies, ensure roll-out of G-ANC in all selected Health Facilities, ensure roll-out of Active Case Detection of Malaria in Pregnancy and supervise and guide Technical Officers to provide quality support to government.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MB.BS / MD / MPH or similar Degrees in Nursing / Midwifery or Community Health Care
- At least 6 years of working experience in MNH-FP field
- Demonstrable experience in working closely and coordinating with the SMOH, SPHCDA and other relevant agencies
- Should have sound technical knowledge on MNH services especially G-ANC, Nigeria health service delivery system
- Excellent skills in program planning, coordination, facilitation and representation
- Good facilitation, mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Appropriate computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to spending at least 50% of time in the field are essential requirements.
Deadline: 25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.