FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, TB / HIV (Temporary Hire)
Reference No.: 2020202048
Employment type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Director
- To provide technical support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on tuberculosis control and treatment as well as all issues surrounding TBHIV co-infection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With the Technical Director, provide technical leadership and technical support related to tuberculosis program strategies and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- With the Technical Director, provide technical leadership and technical support related to TB/HIV collaboration strategies and approaches related to implementation of collaborative activities.
- With the Technical Director and state Senior Technical Advisors, coordinate the design and implementation of components related to tuberculosis programs and TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to tuberculosis and TBHIV collaboration and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of management and control of tuberculosis and TBHIV co-infection.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of tuberculosis, TBHIV and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Provide technical assistance in tuberculosis and TBHIV management capacity building to field programs.
- Work in close collaboration with the Care and Treatment Unit in the implementation of integrated HIV, TB and other medical services at the facility level
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to partners on issues of management and control of tuberculosis and HIV.
- Work with technical staff at the zonal and state offices and other relevant FHI staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PHD or similar degree with 6-8 years with a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in care and support for HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis in resource constrained settings.
- Experience with ART/TB programs is required.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the management and control of tuberculosis and TBHIV co-infection
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding TB/HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.