Senior Specialist, Partner Communications – Showmax at Multichoice Group
The MultiChoice Group is a multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and the Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security. Brands within the Group include DStv, GOtv, SuperSport, M-Net, DStv Media Sales, Showmax and European-based content security leader Irdeto. We’re proud to say we serve 14 million households across 50 African markets, with a successful history of identifying and adapting to industry trends, allowing us to continuously deliver the best in entertainment.
Our strength lies in focusing on local language and culture, promoting an entrepreneurial spirit and being powered by a talented and dedicated workforce. By joining our team, you can help us achieve our objectives of expanding our pay-TV and SVOD (Subscription Video On demand) subscriber bases, improving advertising sales, spearheading cutting-edge technology, supporting local content and providing an exceptional customer experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist Partner, Communications – Showmax
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
Department: CV Customer Acquisitions
Reports to: Senior Manager, Partnerships
Purpose of the Position
- To manage, plan, execute and track acquisition marketing campaigns mainly within the Partnerships realm.
Key Performance Objectives
- Taking their cue from the overall Partnership strategy provided, conceptualize and manage a number of acquisition campaigns, which include both ATL and BLT campaigns
- Together with the partnership team, evaluate opportunities and develop best routes to market and marketing campaigns to co-promote the brands and the product
- Manage campaigns by analyzing the results and using what you learn to achieve your goal.
Benchmarking, Governance & Risk Management:
- Keep up to date with all legal and studio compliance details to ensure best possible communication from all sides.
- Negotiate for best exposure for the brand where needed.
- Brief and manage the execution of campaigns across all marketing and communication channels, from direct comms (emails) to PR, retail and ATL.
- Provide marketing support to the product managers and marketing team to ensure efficient work flow through the department.
- Coordinate comms between all the functions in the marketing and business areas to ensure that the campaigns are rolled out on time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Essential: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications and related Business field.
- Preferred: Post Grad Qualification or Equivalent
- Must have 5 – 8 experience in a Marketing Management role with strength in Telco marketing – preferably in acquisition.
- Excellent personal communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to relate convincingly and credibly with peers in partner organisations.
- Ability to conceptualise and implement communication tools.
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to get things done.
- Analytical Thinking
- Project Management
- Customer Centricity
- Relationship Building