Senior Software Developer at Software Development Company Limited
Software Development Company Limited – We are a software development company offering excellent solutions for institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The applicant would developsoftware solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- First and foremost, developing software our users need
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer and team lead
- Experience in the development of fintech based applications is a bonus
- Proven experience in development and maintenance of quality, secured and high performance large scale applications in production
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC (Software development life cycle) and system analysis/design
- Ability of implement software development best practices and paradigms such as SOLID, OOP, design patterns, Composition over Inheritance and so on
- Experience in design and development of performant and secured APIs
- Knowledge of microservices is a must (Especially gRPC)
- In-depth knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as React or Angular
- Knowledge of Go and Node.js programming languages
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and/or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of CI/CD using TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins
- Knowledge of Infrastructure As Code (IaC) such as Terraform
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of messaging queues such as RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ
- Knowledge of serverless technology
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Minimum 6 years of programming experience
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
Deadline: 7th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.