Senior Sales Manager at Klasha
Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
- We are looking to hire a sales leader who is excited to join our fast growing team and can start immediately in Lagos, Nigeria.
- This candidate must be ready to move and grow fast with us here at Klasha. This role will evolve from a full-cycle founding member of Klasha’s partnerships team, owning business deals from prospect to post sales, to becoming one of our first senior department leaders under the VP of Global Partnerships, managing and leading a team of Business Development Managers and Account Managers in the next 6-12 months.
- Must be an energetic, organized, and passionate human excited for the opportunity to be on the ground floor of Africa’s next FinTech success story.
- Building and partnering with the VP of Global Partnerships to build Klasha’s initial book of business and closing deals fast.
- Quickly leveling up on the retail and eCommerce market, FinTech industry, and overall greater Klasha business opportunity, in tandem with learning Klasha’s value proposition and technology to then communicate them effectively to prospective clients.
- Excited at the opportunity to oversee and lead a sales and partnership team across the sales pipeline over the next 2 quarters.
- Ready to share ownership and give strong feedback on the build and scaling of a high growth sales team including internal processes and greater sales strategy.
- Account Management of initial deals successfully closed providing a white glove experience and driving operational excellence.
- CRM ownership and documentation of disparate and corresponding client information, sales activity, and deal progression.
- 4+ years of experience selling in the fast pace fintech, eCommerce, or SaaS space.
- Is not afraid of competition when selling a stellar product in the global fashion eCommerce + retail market.
- 1+ years experience managing, training, and building sales teams, as you’ll be transitioning to directing the greater sales team over the next 2-3 quarters.
- Must be available to work from Klasha’s office on the Island in Lagos Victoria.
- Has a book of contacts with international fashion retailers, eCommerce sites, and brands spanning Africa, MENA, US, Europe, and the UK.
- Experience in building effective urgency with clients, uncovering opportunities and pain points with clients to then drive partnerships, negotiate, and win deals efficiently.
- Comfortable and excited to work with a global, young team working across timezones and geographies.
- Strong effective communication over email, text, and calls who leads with an empathetic, consultative approach that is strategic and earns client’s trust.
- Confident with working in CRMs–you are a diligent notetaker who keeps your accounts up to date all along the sales pipeline while moving fast with data behind you.
- A truly full-cycle sales professional–who can identify prospective partnerships, identify appropriate contacts, engage in initial outreach, follow-ups, set and lead meetings pitching the Klasha technology and business opportunity, negotiate, close deals successfully, and manage all post-sales needs.
- Has been a founding member at a startup on the ground in Nigeria or across the continent before. Ready for the opportunity to take that on here at Klasha–can hit the ground running, get their hands dirty, and can think quickly within ambiguity to build with our founding team.
- French language proficiency is an added plus.
The Fun Stuff
- Competitive salary and attractive commission structure
- Lots of room and opportunity to grow professionally
- Cool company perks.
- You’ll be working with a young, growing team based in Lagos, Nigeria that is millennial driven
- Fast and expanding career progression.
- Flexible working conditions.