Senior Risk Officer at Baobab Micro Finance Bank
Baobab MicroFinance Bank is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Risk Officer
Direct Supervisor: Senior Risk Manager
- The responsibilities of the risk analyst include; analyzing credit data and financial information of persons or companies that are applying for credit or loans to determine the risk, Also evaluates financial documents, economic conditions and potential clients to help determine the level of risk involved in making a particular business decision.
- The level of risk is then used to determine if a loan or line of credit will be granted, and if so, the terms of the loan, including the interest rate.
- Credit analysts will prepare reports based upon their findings to help make decisions on lending and credit-worthiness.
Requirements and Qualification
- A first degree in Economics, Finance or any other discipline, Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years banking experience – Microfinance experience Preferred.
- Good knowledge of accounting and relevant lending ratios.
- Experience in SME & consumer lending.
- Analytical skills
- Good communications.
- Good reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet daily deadlines for projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- Proficient in V- LOOKUP and PIVOT Table
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and other analysis programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs at the same time to complete work
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts.
- Presentation skills, including public speaking and presentation creation using PowerPoint or a similar program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate customers’ loan applications in line with the bank’s credit policy.
- Identify critical risks in credit requests and provide advisory on how requests can be restructured in line with the bank?s risk appetite.
- Has relevant experience in analyzing consumer and SME loans.
- Analyze data to better understand potential risks, concerns and outcomes of decisions
- Aggregate data from multiple sources to provide a comprehensive assessment
- Create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Collaborate with other team members to effectively analyze and present data
- Develop systems and processes for gathering and storing data for future analytic projects
- Conduct research into potential clients and understand the risks of accepting each one.
- Identify economic and financial trends that may present a risk to the company
- Monitor internal and external data points that may affect the risk level of a decision
- Create innovative credit evaluation processes and systems.
- Evaluate clients for creditworthiness based on our internal risk models & their application information.
- Weed out fraudulent applications, and unreliable applicants.
- Check Facility Letters and Loan Agreements and scrutinize the signed documents to ensure the correctness of the contracts.
- Continuously ensure alignment/compliance with the credit risk management framework.
- Continuously analyze and recommend improvement on credit risk management framework, processes and systems.
- Preparation of statutory reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Superior.
Deadline: 27th July, 2020.