Senior Reservoir Geophysicist at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Geophysicist
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
The responsibilities of the AOBO Senior Reservoir Geophysicist are:
- To follow-up on all Operators Geophysical interpretation to defend Client’s position on all work program activities at the best cost.
- To perform in-house studies in order to be in the position to challenge/evaluate and validate the operators results and work program
- To prepare validation dossiers, under the supervision of the AOBO 2G Manager, for internal approvals and RevGis.
- To carry out the realization of AOBO assets’ key reporting for seismic and other exploration activities (weekly, monthly, seismic, EoW, etc.).
- Follow-up of Operators’ Geophysics Activities
- Participate at Technical Meetings with Operators & Partners.
- Challenge operators’ interpretations when necessary to ensure well placement optimization through independent in-house studies
- Review operators’ presentations to ensure that all geophysical information is valid and project details are accurately captured with regards to Geophysics.
- Develop communication avenues with counterpart Geophysicists
- Ensure that all geophysical/ geological risks associated with projects presented by the Operators are clearly evaluated and conveyed in time to influence investment decisions.
- Represent the 2G in technical meetings/workshops with partners/operators and ensure relation with them in the field of exploration, development and reservoir geophysics.
Seismic Interpretation and 2G Studies:
- Perform an independent interpretation of seismic data, following in-house rules and methods in support of key AOBO projects. Provide reliable interpretation of 3D data to improve field understanding, optimize production and assess additional field development.
- Provide the structural and sedimentological inputs for 2G static models/evaluations to ensure a reliable estimation of the field oil and gas in place.
- Study the available 4D data, taking into account the dynamic production data, in order to evaluate the infill opportunities.
- Ensure the calibration, analysis, interpretation and synthesis of all available geophysical and geological data.
- Validate data (whether or not geophysical) used as input in interpretation.
- Participate in project’s sanction processes (Review Operators’ Models, In-house QRs, RevGis).
- Communicate with in-house specialists (petrophysics, AVO, ISS) to ensure adequate inputs to 2G models.
- Ensure Client validated interpretation is communicated with partners and operators.
- Update the weekly and monthly activities report (+KPI) and participate in the weekly activities meeting
- Maintain an organized data filing system.
- Assist the 2G Manager in requesting & collecting subsurface data from operators (seismic cubes, logs, geological models), and ensure an up to date 2G database for easy reference.
- Interact with ARCGIS team.
- Prepare and present results to L+1 & L+2, Client Geoscience Métiers and HQ for validation.
- Interact effectively with the Geologist in the team to develop petrel skills when work schedule permits.
- Stand in for the AOBO 2G Manager at internal or external meetings when required.
- Promote HSE in line with Client’s policies and ensure all HSE rules are adhered to.
- Respect Company’s Policies and Code of Conduct.
- Quality and accuracy of technical data are essential.
- Provide Geophysics analysis for AOBO decisions to create the best value for Client.
- Establish good working relationship with HQ, Operators, partners and NAPIMS for mutual benefits.
- Contribute to Total’s good reputation (technical and otherwise) through technical proficiency and professional behaviour and development.
- Pro-active attitude during meetings with the operator.
- High level of autonomy and spirit of initiative.
- Timely reporting.
- Quality of presentation and reports.
- Degree in Geosciences (M.Sc. or equivalent)
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with a strong 2G background
- Some experience in both Geophysics Operations
- Good supervisory, presentation, communication, team leadership skills
- Fluency in English/French is highly desirable
Deadline: 8th July, 2022.