Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Programme Management Coordinator
Job Code: 5332
Skills and Qualifications
- Interested candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any social science discipline
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience in programme management capacity
- Experience with international development organization(s) preferred, or its project
- A Masters Degree or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage
- Experience leading and producing competitive proposals
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent project planning, management, and monitoring & evaluation skills
- H/she should have demonstrable business acumen and an in-depth understanding of developing and monitoring work plan activities.
- An excellent communicator, with brilliant leadership, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and interest in/commitment to building the skills and competence of the team members
- Ideally the candidate will have previous experience with managing projects funded by USAID, specifically with familiarity with compliance elements of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), AIDAR, Automated Directives System (ADS) 303, and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Programme Management Unit (PMU), the Senior Programme Management Coordinator will work with the unit and field teams to provides contractual, compliance, administrative, financial, and management oversight functions for a portfolio of projects.
- The projects within the portfolio may be varied technical areas of development interventions, including governance, education, health, private sector support, and/or others.
- The portfolio of projects may be funded by a variety of DAI clients, including, but not limited to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Shell Nigeria, USAID, European Union/Commission, DFID, and others.
- S/he will work directly with project and technical leads to strategically support projects to achieve quality programming and development outcomes, and impact.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for operational, contractual, and financial matters as it relates to the project implementation, supporting the project team lead if applicable;
- Proactively identify and analyze areas of risk and advises the relevant stakeholders on preventative measures;
- Manage resource needs for implementation and ensures collaboration and resource planning within the broader organization;
- Lead and organize new project start-ups and closedowns;
- Coordinate the DAI Nigeria platform services per the terms of Service Level Agreement with DAI’s multinational Business Units or corporate departments.
- Work with designated Technical Lead(s) to ensure that technical activities and deliverable are implemented per the contract scope of work and approved work plan, with high quality.
- Participate and provide support to the teams during strategic planning sessions.
- Review and support the technical lead – STTA deliverable
- Organize and lead Quarterly Project Review (QPR) process, project extension, and modification proposals.
- Manage budget tracking, budget realignments as well as contract and subcontract modifications with technical input from the project technical leads.
- Accountable for managing project financial performance targets and leads monthly project financial reviews, analyzes, and troubleshoots financial issues.
- Monitor and minimize non-billable costs as well as ensuring the accuracy of project financial transactions
- Participate in research, pre-positioning and proposal management for business opportunities
- Review new policies and procedures and, where needed, propose changes for existing policies and procedures.
- Work with corporate departments to establish annual project and labor utilization targets in support of new business efforts.
Deadline: 4th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.