Decagon is an Elite Software Development Training Institute that runs a 6-month intense software and leadership training, focused on transforming Nigerian youths to world-class software developers and leaders in the tech industry even if they cannot pay.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Java Software Engineer
- Decagon’s mission is to propel Nigeria to become a top 5 software engineering nation within a decade. We pursue this mission by equipping the most brilliant Nigerians with world-class software engineering skills and connecting them with job opportunities
- At Decagon, we are passionate about bringing transformation into Nigeria, by building one of the most loved and respected brands in the World.
- To grow its mission, Decagon is now seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer, who is eager to inspire, teach, lead and mentor our talents (students) and transform them into elite software engineers.
Ideally, we require that you have worked for at least 4+ years in an agile software development environment and attained expertise in the following areas:
- Designing, developing and maintaining enterprise systems using the JEE, Spring MVC, Springboot, Hibernate, Git and JIRA
- Experience with modern features of the Java language.
- Knowledge of design patterns/SOLID principles
- Familiarity with the creation and validation of web services using SOAP and REST.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies including MySql, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, and MongoDB.
- Experience with containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes highly preferred.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and monitoring tools preferred.
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka preferred.
- Experience with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, and/or GCP is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and mentor other developers
- Good Understanding of Multithreading, Concurrency, and likes.
- Experience with API development and SOA Patterns
- Knowledge of application security concepts
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Ability to create high-quality documentation to present technical ideas and high-level solutions, and communicate effectively to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques.
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows including modern source control systems, dependency management, test automation, and continuous delivery pipelines.
Benefits of Working at Decagon
- Decagon offers an energized, upbeat work environment that strongly fosters employee work-life balance.
- A work culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
- Competitive Salary
- Great / Flexible Work Culture
- Access to High-speed internet
- Pension and Health Plan
- Accommodation – because we understand the Lagos hustle and traffic.
- But more importantly, an opportunity to transform the Software Engineering Ecosystem within Nigeria and beyond.