Senior IS Auditor (Network & Security Administrator) at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria
AB Microfinance Bank is a national microfinance bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), with its head office in Lagos and branches spread across Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo and Anambra State. AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is committed to its passion of helping to improve the business opportunities of entrepreneurs by availing them of easy access to affordable loans, as well as improve the general financial status of everyone with its deposit accounts. It is a limited liability company duly incorporated in Nigeria under the 2002 Companies and Allied Matters Act, and is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a fully fledged microfinance bank.
The Bank has an exceptional group of very strong international shareholders committed to the task of improving access to financial services in the country. These shareholders are Access Microfinance Holding AG of Germany, KfW – the German Development Bank, the African Development Bank, and the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group. Together, they have an established record of setting up and managing microfinance banks across the African and Asian continents in such countries as Nigeria, Tanzania, Liberia, Zambia, Rwanda, Madagascar, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan,Georgia and Brazil.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior IS Auditor (Network & Security Administrator)
Reference Code: SIsA/hub/May/2022
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assessing, validating and evaluating the Institutions’ Information System processes, people and technologies; by identifying and appraising risks in the IT processes while recommending solutions to potential and actual security vulnerabilities.
- Proactive alignment with the IT audit scope and annual auditing cycles and plans.
- Preparation and review of pre audit documentation.
- Perform full risk and compliance audit reviews, over controls related to effectiveness, efficiency, and Security of IT operations, using applicable standards and regulations.
- Evaluate control environment as it relates to emerging information technology
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc. for IT processes such as system development, IT security management and IT operations.
- Ensure that IT Audits are performed in line with established professional and regulatory standards.
- Create and undertake IT-business audit risk assessments; develop and execute IT audits within specified implementation duration; discuss results with Management and provides guidance on control issues and concerns.
- Support the IS Audit lead in preparing and presenting findings to the Management and Stakeholders of the Auditee, prepare IT Audit reports and IT Audit processes & procedures.
- Adequately document and summarize findings, recommendations, and action plans in an audit report; reaches consensus on findings and recommendations with IT and business management; presents reports to audit management, business management and the Audit Committee.
- Prepares and submits requested documentation and reports for external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Supports the Team Lead in performing follow-up consultation on resolution of key issues
- Serve as a part of the department resource for questions and guidance on technical matters.
Necessary Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum educational qualification: B.Sc. / HND in any related discipline with cognate experience
- General IT work experience of 5 years with 3 years minimum working experience as IT Auditor majored in Network administrator & Security in a regulated environment, preferably a Bank or financial Institution
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher
- CompTIA Network +
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification or equivalent
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent.
Technical Proficiency: Networking and Security
- Knowledge of different types of networks:Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and sometimes Storage Area Networks (SANs) as well as Server infrastructure and their management.
- Advanced Knowledge in infrastructure review: Operating System and Networking security
- Advanced Knowledge in Network Security Architecture, Administration of Routing, Switching, Firewalling and Network Access Control devices.
- Advanced skill in Network Logging, Monitoring, Analysis and Troubleshooting
- Understanding of network security components such as firewalls, VPNs, and access control and their correct implementation in a secure environment.
- Working knowledge of industry recognized auditing standards, such as Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Guidelines and ISACA IS Audit and Assurance Standards and Guidelines. (IIA; ISACA; ISO 27001).
- High degree of process understanding as well as profound knowledge/willingness to develop in the areas of Banking and finance products, digital finance, and digital channel management
- Insight into Banking laws and are willing to become acquainted with local specific Banking laws, standard banking requirements as well as IT banking systems.
- Clear understanding of User management and access control, vulnerability assessment, change control, business continuity, data privacy and risk assessment practices.
- Basic understanding in project management and organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Inquisitive, critical thinker with business risk awareness, professional skepticism, and sound judgment.
- Ability to research, assimilate information from both IT and business functions, apply strong problem solving and analytical skills, and influence issue resolution.
- Good communication and interaction capability (Excellent written and verbal communication, interviewing, and presentation skills – proficiency in English)
- Willingness to travel up to 20% > to Audit locations outside Nigeria.
Deadline: 31st May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Failure to comply with the above application instructions would disqualify your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.