Senior Investigator, SIS at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Investigator, SIS
Job ID: 2100033738
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- To develop capability within the SIS Africa teams, embedding legal investigations skills to complement existing skills sets of colleagues with non-legal backgrounds.
- Deploy legal investigations skills to enhance investigations undertaken by the SIS Africa teams, including in relation to conduct and fraud related matters.
- Monitor industry developments in relation to conduct and fraud related investigations and share these with colleagues across SIS Africa.
- Provide input into the identification of themes, trends and lessons learnt from investigations to support the continuous improvement of the Bank’s conduct and control environment.
- Develop good working relationships with business and function stakeholders to ensure appropriate senior management are kept informed of the relevant investigative developments.
- As directed by Executive Director, SIS, Africa conduct investigations according the SIS Policy and Procedures, with a focus on material conduct and fraud related matters.
- Prepare written reports in relation to material conduct and fraud related matters, in each case tailored to the internal and external audiences to which they are addressed
- Ensure all investigation records are kept per Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Work with relevant peer functions including, but not limited to, Forensics, GIS, Legal, Audit, Compliance, FCC and HR to;
- Support and assist on SIS investigations where their subject matter expertise is required and;
- Ensure adequate oversight and tracking of remediation of investigations related findings.
- Ensure regional senior management are fully informed of all key risks and issues in area of responsibility and reported in line with Bank’s operational risk process.
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
- Where applicable, engage with stakeholders to ensure effectiveness of the Speaking Up Policy & Procedure
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- SIS Regional Team
- SIS Management Team
- Business and function heads
- Financial Crime Compliance
Our Ideal Candidate
- At least 10 years substantive background in enforcement actions, investigations or prosecutorial and regulatory agency environment, with local expertise in at least one of the countries within Africa jurisdiction
- Sharp business acumen with experience of investigations in white collar corporate environment and/or experience advising or managing complex investigations and related risks representing Financial Institutions
- Excellent investigation, analytical, problem solving, risk mitigation and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct best practice investigations with a high level of integrity, independence, professionalism and discretion
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to Bank and the role of Investigations
- Knowledge and sound judgement of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk
Deadline: 22nd December, 2021.