Senior Graphics Designer at Konga Nigeria
Konga – We are Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 6 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa. Our culture and values, in a nutshell, speak to placing our customers as a priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Graphics Designer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid/Senior Officer Level
Reports to: Head of Marketing
- We are looking for a passionate Senior Graphics Designer. The successful candidate will create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers.
- Collaborate with fellow graphic designers and other departments to brainstorm ideas and develop new approaches to creating innovative and expressive graphics for the company.
- Conceptualizes, plans, designs, and produces a wide range of specialized graphic, infographic, motion, and/or illustrative material, including multimedia concepts; writes and edits basic copy that are impressive and emphasize the company and the product at hand.
- Plans production schedules for the various steps in the design process; participate in the production and/or marketing planning group sessions and meetings.
- Provides creative and technical advice and guidance, and serves as a liaison for the team.
- Coordinate a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records.
- Create and produce animated videos and animated portions of live videos using computers and video production equipment.
- Integrate company values into design work in order to effectively demonstrate the nature of the company and attract customers on an ideological basis.
- Supervise and/or lead lower graded staff, trainees, and/or student employees.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Proven work experience as a multimedia graphic designer or similar role
- Proficiency in programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design.
- Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- A keen eye for visual details.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to identify and interpret graphic design needs and develop creative and responsive design concepts.
- Ability to develop complex, integrated design, printing, and/or reproduction specifications.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter captured as “Senior Graphic Designer”