Senior Financial Analyst at Renmoney
Renmoney – We’re a passionate team determined to challenge the status quo and make financial inclusion count for the millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners in Nigeria. We provide loans, savings, and fixed deposit solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be the most convenient lending company, delivering outstanding service experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
We are the place for you, if:
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow. You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions. You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals.
- You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be a critical member of the Financial Planning & Strategy (FP&S) team, working closely with a team of analysts and will report directly to the FP&S Manager. You’ll be involved in building a robust financial model for Renmoney and responsible for day to day management of the model.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Statistics or related fields
- ICAN / ACCA / CFA or other relevant qualifications.
- 5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- Understanding of MAMBU banking software
- Previous experience in financial services sector.
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Have strong quantitative experience, high proficiency in financial modeling techniques and good business acumen
- Are proficient with the use of MS Excel functions and formulas
- Enjoy analytical thinking and have problem-solving capabilities.
You will not enjoy this job if you
- Work best in structured, hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction
- Are used to working in / with a large team
- Prepare and manage budget and forecasts for business units
- Update detailed operating and financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Analyze and monitor financial and operational performance. Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actuals versus budgeted/forecasted)
- Responsible and taking ownership of the financial model and develop improvements to the financial model
- Identify trends, issues, and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- Drive financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Lead scenario modeling efforts for the development and growth of the portfolio. Participate as a key thought leader within the finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities
What’s in it for you
You’ll receive competitive compensation and work with amazing people. You’ll work in a beautiful environment with a flat structure and solve complex, real-world challenges.