Senior and Mid-level Governance Expert at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Senior and Mid-level Governance Expert
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe, and Sokoto
- DAI, a global consulting firm, seeks candidates for a USAID-funded governance program to be implemented in Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe, and Sokoto.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- The purpose of the “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria.
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
DAI announces interest for senior and mid-level experts with governance expertise in the areas listed below — particularly at the state / municipal / LGA level — with significant work experience in Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Gombe, and Sokoto to submit CVs:
- Public Financial Management with expertise in one or more of following areas: Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability assessments, budgeting, procurement, audit, internal controls, domestic resource mobilization
- Citizen / Civil Society Organization (CSO) engagement and capacity building
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI)
- Local governance and service delivery. Must have experience working with local and state governments
- Operations, finance, grants, and administrative support staff
- Must demonstrate at least 7 years of technical or operational experience in above listed areas
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Must have prior work experience on USAID (preferable) and/or international donor-funded programs.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com
Note: DAI will only contact short-listed candidates. No phone inquiries, please.