Senior Agronomist at Asset & Resource Management Holding Company
Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Agronomist
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Establish and manage all vegetables and fruits agribusiness (V&F) matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Train selected candidates on all V&F matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Deliver agreed revenue, cash-flow and profit targets as set out in the business plan from time-to-time.
- Minimum of 10 years extensive experience in practical large-scale commercial vegetables and fruits agribusiness operations across Sub-Saharan Africa especially Nigeria or similar economies.
- Demonstrated expertise in intensive V&F production systems in line with approved plans
- Applicable academic certifications in fields such as Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Science etc.
- Additional vocational qualifications in fresh vegetable crop production will be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow strict management, operational and monitoring programmes w.r.t. the seedling nursery, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related matters.
- Execution and monitoring the performance of his direct area of responsibility on an ongoing basis against approved programmes and budgets.
- Maintain compliance with ARM rules and procedures and to maintain compliance with regulatory statutes and authorities.
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of medium to large scale irrigated and mechanized commercial vegetables and fruits agribusiness, including but not limited to Bush clearingLand preparationSeedling productionIrrigated vegetable crop productionRainfed vegetable crop and pasture productionOperations Management Project Management
- Farm Record Keeping.