Security Supervisor at Grand Cereals Limited (GCL)
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Supervisor
Function: People & Corporate Services
Reports To: Chief Security Officer (Jos Factory)
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for providing premium security support services aimed at creating a secured environment for the day-to-day business operations of Grand Cereals Limited.
- Assist the Chief Security Officer in the day-to-day running of security operations at Jos Factory and Outstations.
- Plan and supervise daily factory security patrol, traffic management and journey management in consultation with the Chief Security Officer.
- Monitors and oversees the daily tasking of the security drivers (where applicable) and report to the Chief Security Officer.
- On the directives of the Chief Security Officer, will liaise with the Police Team for adequate deployment of Armed Police Officers for patrols, escorts, and traffic management.
- Oversee the daily activities/operations of the Factory’s Access Control through effective maintenance of appropriate record of access control activities/resources, and report in a standard format to the Chief Security Officer.
- Update records of all equipment, and maintain all records kept and advises the Chief Security Officer on all issues of record management compliance.
- Investigate all security breaches to policies and procedures (when required) and make appropriate recommendations to the Chief Security Officer.
- Document/record all GCL security incidents, and report same to the Chief Security Officer.
- Routine patrols and mobile visits to all locations/beats within the Jos Factory and Outstations to ensure standards and compliance.
- Enforce discipline among the Contract Security Team and recommend appropriate disciplinary actions for erring Contract Security Officers to the Chief Security Officer in line with GCL’ Standard Operating Procedures and Assignment Instructions for Contract Security Officers.
- Attend and oversee Guards’ Parade on daily basis and give an operational briefing to the Chief Security Officer.
- Supervise Contract Security Officers’ manning and daily deployment within the Factory and Outstations, and report to the Chief Security Officer any observed lapses, omission etc.
- Supervise the daily deployment of JTF Officers (where applicable) and ensure their physical presence at the assigned duty post within the Factory.
- Support the Chief Security Officer in conducting of risk assessment of all security activities.
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Chief Security Officer.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of OND in Security Operations and Management or in any related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in security operations preferably in an industrial/corporate security.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- A good team player with high level of self-discipline and high sense of responsibility.
- A strong drive for results with the ability to coordinate the activities of Contract Security Personnel.
- Good communication skills (spoken and written) with a basic and working knowledge of the use of computer.
- Effective liaison skills within and outside GCL with ability to collate and disseminate intelligence data; carry out security assessments, security investigations and security planning.
- Must possess the ability to work without supervision
Deadline: 1st December, 2021.