Proten International – Our client in the Construction (Machinery) industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive – Construction (Machinery)
- Our client is looking to fill the position of a Sales Executive who will be responsible for executing the strategic direction and operational control of the Sales Office’s activity under the direction of the Company Management.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience with a strong sales background in the construction (machinery) industry.
- Knowledge of heavyduty and construction equipment.
- Successful track record in managing large sales teams and result oriented.
- Indepth knowledge of Nigerian markets
- Passion for markets and attention to detail.
- Market development in terms of growth potential;
- Market positioning in terms of technology & price competitiveness; and emerging opportunities target markets.
- To be responsible for achieving the assigned products’ sales budget and growth targets.
- To identify and establish new customers as well as new business opportunities to ensure successful market penetration.
- To establish healthy customer and consultant relations and to provide efficient customer service/support so as to solicit and maintain their confidence in the reputation of the products and services offered by the company as well as to improve the chances of successful sales.
- To closely monitor the competitive environment including technology and commercial developments of key competitors and provide these inputs to the Head of Technology to develop counterstrategies.
- To submit quotations or tenders after proper evaluation and analysis of customers’ needs, such as the budget, method of financing, and technical configuration, and to follow up regularly on submitted proposals.
- To attend to customers’ queries, requests, and complaints; to followup and ensure prompt and correct delivery as well as the collection of outstanding accounts.
- To conduct market surveys so as to collate information on market demand for the purpose of planning a marketing strategy for the company’s products and services.
- To liaise with the team members to ensure proposals are technically correct and accurate.
- To compile monthly prospects list of customers and recommended followup actions for submission to the
- Head of Technology.
- To provide periodic activity reports and market information so as to keep the management updated on competitors’ movements and the company’s position in the market.