RESILAC Project Coordinator at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RESILAC Project Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Field Operations
Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team in our Borno office. This person will lead the successful coordination and implementation of execution of the Economic & Social Inclusive Recovery (RESILAC) Project for the Lake Chad, which include activities in the country of intervention, in conjunction with the regional office, the host mission and the project partners.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent team management and project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Monitor the implementation of the project, ensuring the project is within the intended scope, timeframe and funds.
- Provide support to the state and national level operation committees and ensure that stakeholders are engaged;
- The project technical conformity with the international rules, guidelines and technical standards as defined with the technical referents of the project;
- Promote overall quality of project implementation in order to maximize impact;
- Monitor the integration and cooperation of all technical pillars in the overall implementation strategy at the national level;
- Plan and monitor the implementation of RESILAC‘s activities in Nigeria, its evaluation and its internal and external accountability;
- In collaboration with the regional office, validation of key milestones and implementation methodologies;
- Define team objectives, update team job descriptions and work closely with the mission HR team in the regular review of team performance appraisals.
- Contribute to the professional development of team members by identifying need-based trainings and work closely with Mission HR team in the development and implementation of relevant training plans for each member.
- Lead the participation of Nigeria national Project Unit contribution to the regional Project strategy.
- Advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in project management development (a priority), advocacy or humanitarian studies, international relations or political science.
- Professional experience of 3 years in coordinating development activities (a priority) or humanitarian activities in a complex environment as well as supervision of multicultural technical teams and management of and in a consortium will be given positive consideration.
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (EU/AFD).
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & have the capacity to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Capacity to represent Action Against Hunger appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- Goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform].
Deadline: 23rd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.