Resident Engineer in an Indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing Company
An indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager
Supervises: Site Specialist Engineers
Roles and Responsibilities
- On-site supervision of the EPC contractors’ work for compliance with the Contract requirements, Engineering design specifications and applicable codes and Standards.
- Checking and recommending for approval the work procedures produced by the EPC contractors.
- Coordinate site operation and maintenance training of client personnel.
- Work closely with the site specialist engineers, supporting and supervising them on the Site supervision works, including supervision of construction works, testing and examining materials used and workmanship employed.
- Provide overall guidance and advice to the EPC contractor’s construction/installation and commissioning team.
- Assist the project manager in the compilation of weekly and Monthly project progress reports from specialist site engineers and QHSE personnel; including providing details of implementation, details of problems encountered, solutions adopted, and detailing and explaining any variation in implementation schedules from the planned projections.
- Coordinating specialist site specialist engineers for Inspection of construction activities; on-site Inspection of materials and off-site when needed.
- Review and verification of contractor’s technical and commercial submittals/claims, verification of progress and interim payment requests.
- Coordinate QHSE personnel to enforce QHSE compliance on site
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and assist to resolve any emerging ones
- Analyze, manage and recommend mitigating strategy for construction risks
- Coordinate pre-commissioning and commissioning activities including review and recommendation for approval of Pre-commissioning and commissioning Procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 12 – 15 years cognate experience.
- Good knowledge of Rehabilitation / Upgrade of Gas Pressure Reduction and Metering Facilities is desirable
- Previous experience with working in NGC facilities will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Ms Word to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 20th June, 2020.