Reservoir Geophysicist (GSR) at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reservoir Geophysicist (GSR)
Location: Akpo, Port Harcourt – Rivers
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
The responsibilities of the Reservoir Geophysicist are:
- Successful candidate will work in integrated project teams comprising of geoscientists, reservoir engineers, drillers, economists, and other relevant professionals, providing geophysical inputs to field development and production studies
- The Service scope will consist of collation, quality control and analysis of geophysical data, integrating available wells, geological and engineering data to provide reliable assessment and representation of the subsurface structures and reservoirs
- Applicants are expected to be conversant with contemporary tools and techniques of Seismic interpretation, seismic reservoir characterization, geostatistics and uncertainties analysis.
- Some knowledge in the following areas will be considered as added advantage: o Upstream geophysics (Seismic acquisition and processing) o Structural, sedimentology turbiditic environment and reservoir geology
- All works are to be performed in strict compliance with the client HSSE rules and guidelines relating to technical works, data protection
- Quality Control of geophysical input data used for reservoir studies
- Interpretation of geophysical data within the context of exploration and field development studies
- Contribution to the building of geological reservoir models with reservoir geologists, engineers, and other specialists
- Clear representation and communication of the uncertainties associated with interpretation results and the underlying data
- Participation in field evaluation for new ventures during data rooms
- Participation in seismic data acquisition feasibility designs and processing workflows to support the operations
- Proposal of new processing, inversions, seismic acquisition
- Ensuring the continuity of information through reporting and archiving.
- Preparation and justify geophysical work program
- Participation in well preparation processes and the follow up of drilling activities
- Sharing of geophysical know-how among geoscientists through seminars, workshops
Qualifications / Experience Required
- M.Sc. or PhD with relevant experience in Geophysics or Geology
- 5-10 Years professional experience in seismic interpretation
- Rigor and creativity.
- Excellent team player.
- Respect of studies planning and budget.
- Good attention to cost optimization
Deadline: 20th July, 2022.