Relationship Officer, PFA / Stock Broking / MFB / PMI at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Officer, PFA / Stock Broking / MFB / PMI
Location: Head Office, Nigeria
Employment Type: Permanent
- To increase our market share and ensure the dominance of the insurance-related companies sector through effective & aggressive marketing of the existing and prospective insurance companies in order to contribute meaningfully to the overall objective of the bank i.e. profit-making and market dominance.
- Support staff for insurance companies, brokers, loss adjusters and reinsurance corporations.
- Support management of key relationships of the total portfolio.
- Marketing of the bank’s liability products and services target market.
- Support the direct debit programme/ software management and implementation.
- Monitor investment portfolio for profitability.
- Efficiency and optimal management of all relationships.
- Deposit mobilisation in bankers’ acceptance & fixed term.
- Support risk asset creation & management.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports weekly, bi-weekly and monthly.
- Market intelligence report for strategic marketing of target customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Head.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science / Physical Science and Management Science.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of marketing financial products/services. Must have good analytical skills, pay attention to details, have good communication skills (Written & Oral), banking operations knowledge, and Marketing & selling skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Average to good knowledge of credit analysis
- Marketing of financial products/services
- Banking operations knowledge
- Computer knowledge
- Negotiating & persuading skills
- Customer relationship management
- Marketing & selling skills
- Result oriented
- Good analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
- Good communication skills (Oral & Written).
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Deadline: 2nd June, 2022.