Registrar at Benson Idahosa University
Benson Idahosa University is a private University in Nigeria and one of Africa’s most prestigious Universities. The University currently operates two (2) Campuses in Benin City, Nigeria. Benson Idahosa University has a vision to raise Academics, Professionals, and Entrepreneurs, who will be effective disciples for Christ by excelling in their professional fields and is committed to the Mission of raising Leaders for the nation, who ore complete in spirit, mind and body, thus contributing to the production of high-level leadership and quality manpower for the notion and the world. This it has done for the past 18 years, post NUC licensing. We have a mandate to CHANGE Nigeria.
The University currently boasts of a strong Alumni Network with members as directors of blue-chip companies, Judges, Chief Executives of Successful Start-Ups. Directors of Federal and State Government Agencies and parastatals, Entertainment and Sports Icons, etc.
In accordance with the Regulations Governing the Service of Staff (Including Scheme of Service) as approved by the Governing Council of the University on March 30, 2017, and following the expiration of the tenure of office of its current Registrar, Benson Idahosa University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a new substantive Registrar for the University. Consequently and pursuant to the above, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Benin, Edo
- The Registrar of the University is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, who is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except for financial matters, which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation, and other statutory bodies and their respective committees, as defined by the University Law.
- Given the nature of the administrative processes of a 21st Century University (which are seen by many to be complex and scientific), he/she must not only be innovative but must also be self-driven and exceptionally creative with an ability for institutional networking with the outside world.
- Must Not be more than sixty (60) years of age on the date of assumption of duty.
- The ideal candidate must be a person with an articulate vision for the strategic growth and development of the University in general and the Registry in particular, combined with a strong passion to implement the vision.
- The ideal candidate must be a person of strong character, sound leadership skills and ability to instill confidence and engender trust in his/her members of staff.
- The ideal candidate must be of good physical and mental health, and pleasant disposition.
- The ideal candidate must be a Christian with proven track record and personal testimony (ies).
- The ideal candidate must be devoid of any criminal record.
- Must be of the rank of Deputy Registrar in any Government licensed and recognized university.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good degree from a recognized University.
- The ideal candidate must also have at least twelve (12) years relevant post-qualification experience, most of which should preferably be in university administration.
- A higher degree (M.Ed.), (Educational Management, MPA, LLM), will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must be highly conversant with the intricacies and peculiarities of a world-class university system.
- The ideal candidate must possess a strong knowledge of the relevant trends and tools in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with a clear-cut implementation strategy for the University’s administrative processes. These processes shall include Student Enrollment & Academic Registration (SEAR), Human Resource Management (HRM), Internal (Office-2-Office) communications (IC), Academic Records Management (ARM), and Faculty Support Systems (FSS).
Conditions of Service
The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years, while salary and other (very attractive) conditions of service shall be as approved by the Governing Council of Benson Idahosa University.
Deadline: 23rd June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and comprehensive current Curriculum Vitae (CV) duly signed and dated to the “Vice-Chancellor” through: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Curriculum Vitae must include:
- The candidate’s name in full (SURNAME first)
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin
- Home address
- Contact address (including e-mail and telephone number)
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Academic qualifications
- Details of administrative and managerial cognate experience.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies, and
- Names and addresses of three referees.
- Each application should include a duly signed and detailed statement of the candidate’s Vision for the University, in not more than 1,000 words and not less than 600 words.
- Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the Vice-Chancellor, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competencies, in a pràperly sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar: Referee’s report” at the top left corner of the envelope, within the period allowed for the submission of applications.