CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Ojo / Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for handling patient’s health problem and needs, developing and implementing nurse care plans, and maintaining medical records.
- The Registered Midwife is expected to advise patience on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management, administer nursing care to ill patient, convalescent, or disabled patients.
- Working as part of a team to plan provide medical and nursing care to patients in the hospital who are suffering from chronic or acute physical or mental ill health.
- Promote and restore patients’ health by completing nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
- RM will assess patient’s health, as well as detect changes in symptoms, health or pains and will need to know when action is necessary.
- Assist with checking in patients doing triage work for doctors and generating initial insurance paperwork.
- Work closely with doctors to keep patients and their family members updated on test results or treatment recommendations.
- Make arrangement for patients that are deemed to need care requiring them to be admitted to the hospital for one night or longer.
- RM will be sympathetic to a patient’s needs, ad be able to deal with people in various state of pains, trauma, and tragedy.
- Give care under stressful circumstances with patients.
- Specialize in emergency room medicine through experience and continuous education.
- Communicate directly with patients who are scared, in pain or in shock. Families will have questions and want answers. RMs needs to be patient listeners and good communicators, to help keep everyone calm and help them under the situation.
- Active participation in the SafeCare quality improvement activities.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patients care services by charting in patients and departments records.
- Maintain continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions. Irregularities and continuing needs.
- Maintains patients confidence and protects protection by keeping information confidential.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patience independence by establishing patients care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medication, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patients care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustment; following hospital and nursing division philosophies and standard of care set by state board of nursing, safe nurse practice act and other government agency regulations.
- Resolves patients’ problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level.; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipts of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship amongst health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem- solving methods.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Serves and protect the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements and Safe Care standards.
- Active participation in the SafeCare quality improvements activities
- Any other requirements assigned by HR/Head of Nursing Services.
Key Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc in Nursing / Midwifery or have graduated from an accredited and approved nursing program.
- Valid nursing license
- 2+ years’ experience in nursing
- Strong ability to work well on a team
- Advanced knowledge of EMRs
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to show sensitivity and empathy
- Ability to remain focus, patient and calm under pressure
- Ability to cope with emotional situations
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. Patient Management Software)
- Willingness to work flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
- Excellent bedside manner
- Ability to explain treatments and conditions to patients to all ages
- Working knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations.
Deadline: 20th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “CEO CarePoint Hospitals Application” as the subject of the email.