Regional Senior Procurement Specialist at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Senior Procurement Specialist
Job ID: R81
Job Type: Full Time
- Working under the direction of the MSH regional procurement lead, provide procurement expertise and support to MSH field offices to ensure best value for money and strong adherence to MSH procurement policies and standards.
- The Senior Procurement Specialist is aware of, adheres to, and educates Country offices staff on the MSH Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, donor regulations and MSH Standard Operating Procedures in all activities.
- Provide procurement support to field projects. This may include leading and managing end to end procurement efforts (pre-qualification of vendors, RFQs, PO, procurement committees) and assisting in procurement where countries have staffing or knowledge gaps.
- Support the implementation of vendor pre-qualification and due diligence process for goods and commercial services identified and participate where possible in company visits to validate vendors’ technical and operational resources, develop the Purchase Orders and Commercial Contracts and submit them for validation.
- Work with the U.S.- based procurement manager on restricted procurements for field projects.
- Where necessary, participate in high volume Procurement Committee meetings in Country
- Conduct spot checks on quality and completeness of Procurement documentation on QuickBooks online and internal drives. This is to ensure compliance with MSH and donor requirements throughout the entire procurement process including the quality of vendor past performance reference documentation
- Support country internal and external audits. Ensure country teams embed audit readiness in their daily procurement activities. I.e. attaching documentation on QBO and shared drives accurately and timely.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal Import/Export regulations, Federal Acquisition
Regulations, and MSH’s compliance with the regulations.
- Support Country start-ups and close-outs?
- Assist the Regional Procurement lead to implement compliance monitoring.
- Enforce 100% regular Clearance Verifications performed against all vendors of goods and services in assigned countries.
- Review of KPI reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- Supply Chain certification is an added advantage
- Knowledge of and experience managing US government funded procurement with demonstrated understanding of USAID regulations related to procurement.
- Supply Chain Management, including logistics and knowledge of federal imports/exports regulations
- Excellent computer skills and experience using word and spreadsheet applications
- Fluency in written and spoken English (required)
- Fluency in written and spoken French (desired)
- Negotiation skills