Regional Security Co-ordinator at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Security Co-ordinator
Location: Asaba, Delta
Job Type: Permanent
- Our ideal candidate must have a service mind-set with strong leadership and supervisory skills. He/she must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in any of the armed forces, NPF or DSS and a member of a recognized security professional body.
Job Objective (s)
- Supervise security operatives to ensure business offices are unattractive to criminals.
- Liaise with law enforcement agents and guards service providers for deployment of quality/well trained officers to business offices.
- Investigate security breaches in business offices.
- Supervise all physical security functions including armed police officers and security guards in branches
Management and implementation of security policy standard, guidelines and procedures:
- Deploy armed police officers and guards in all business offices.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies in the region.
- Vet guards before deployment to business offices.
- Timely report of security breaches, incidents and investigations.
- Periodic security threat analysis report on bank security trends.
- Enforce access control measures in business offices.
- Participate in and represent the bank at Lagos State Safety Commission, Federal & State Fire Services, LASEMA and other regulatory agencies.
- Support the development and implementation of OHS policies and procedures.
- Lead incident investigations, review and analyse occupational health and safety incidents to avoid reoccurrence.
- Advice and support management through incidents trend analysis with a robust incident investigation recommendation action tracker for close out of corrective actions
Management of a well-structured security network for the region.
- Maintain cordial relationship with both Federal and State Law Enforcement Agencies and other related agencies.
- Interface between the security department of Head Office and the Regional Banks on security matters.
- Timely deployment armed police officers to areas of need.
- Regularly sensitize staff and security operatives on security matters.
- Training and retraining of guards to meet bank security requirements.
- Investigate security breaches and proffering solution to prevent reoccurrence.
- Prepare and present to Head Office daily, weekly, monthly situation reports and periodic threat analysis in the region.
Provision of a well-secured environment for business activities to thrive:
- Maintain round the clock security surveillance in all business offices.
- Timely replacement of erring police officers and guards.
- Provision of adequate security for customers’ properties within the bank premises.
- Creation of security awareness within the bank environment.
Deployment of security personnel to business offices:
- Ensure only trained and experienced guards force are deployed to protect the business offices.
- Ensure police officers deployed to the bank are armed with rifles.
- Ensure only able and agile guards are deployed to protect the bank’s assets.
- Prevent crimes within and around business premises
- Maintain cordial relationship with service providers.
- Get information/intelligence to assist in maintaining a secured business environment.
- Ensure the right physical security apparatus are in place in all business offices.
- Ensure compliance to security standard policies and procedures.
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Professional certification is an added advantage.
- 10 years related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Banking organizational Structure
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer appreciation
- Leadership & supervisory skills
- Customer service
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2022.