Recent Project Manager – Solutions Implementation at Clickatell
Clickatell is a cutting edge technology company and global leader in mobile messaging that enables effortless, personalized, and contextual digital interactions between businesses and their customers. We specialize in helping brands delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager – Solutions Implementation
Employment Type: Full Time
Add your voice to the chat revolution:
- Are you excited to work for a tech company on the front lines of innovation for some of the biggest brands in the world? Do you thrive in environments where challenging the status quo is the daily norm? If you’re an A-player with energy, initiative, and focus on delivering top results, or as we refer to our colleagues at Clickatell – a Champion – then read on.
- At Clickatell, we’re upending the way companies connect, engage, and transact with their customers in chat. Chat is something you do every day with your friends, but it’s also a simple technology that we’ve helped our customers to use to accomplish pretty amazing things. Clickatell helps businesses power customer support, customer engagement, and payments all through chat apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Our customers are some of the most admired and recognizable companies in the world and our communications technology is used to reach more than 15,000 global brands every year. Our jobs offer you a chance to grow your career and work with global teams on technology that is quite simply changing the world.
- We could tell you about our great coffee, cool digs, super flexible work-life integration, and amazing benefits, but these won’t convince you to come work with us. If you want to test yourself, work on meaningful projects in a fast-paced environment, and be where every day presents new possibilities, come join one of the greatest global tech companies. We want you!
- This year marks our 20th anniversary – an achievement that’s about great vision and execution, but much more. We’ve grown by combining curious minds and quick smiles with a collaborative company culture where we never quit or settle, and always strive to create solutions that will change the world. It’s a big proposition, but it’s a mission our team takes on every day in an environment that provides you with the freedom to create and innovate, while having fun at the same time. We’re a fanatically friendly group that listens and puts each other first to accomplish great things together for our customers, our communities, and Clickatell
- We’re looking for a solutions-oriented, tech-savvy Project Manager, who is eager to manage customer implementation and onboarding solutions within the mobile landscape in Africa and beyond.
- As a project manager, your job will be to plan, oversee and document all aspects of the project to which you are assigned.
- You will be expected to work closely with your stakeholders to ensure that the scope and direction of the project is maintained and remains on schedule. If you have previous Fintech or payments experience, this would be advantages in your application.
The role of our Champion:
Planning and Reporting:
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes to project scope and schedule
- Determine resources required to complete the project and any resource constraints
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Attend and/or facilitate weekly progress meetings with customer, project team and other key stakeholders
- Create appropriate weekly & monthly project status reports
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
- Work in partnership including Customer Activation Management team, Internal Product Operations Project Management Office, Technical Account Manager, and other project stakeholders.
- Have a deep understanding of all projects in your portfolio through identifying and managing cross-project dependencies internally and externally. Any Fintech or payments experience would be advantageous to your application.
- Plan and manage projects from brief, planning and delivery
- Manage the day-to-day client liaison through meetings and written correspondence, hold weekly project status meetings ensuring all relevant decisions and discussions are documented
- Involve the Solution Implementation Manager on all relevant issues: status of business, brand health, projects, timings etc.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of project documentation, plans and reports. Produce consolidated reporting to the business and/or client, including milestone summary, key issues, risks, benefits, summary of costs incurred.
- Perform ad-hoc project administration duties and responsibilities as assigned and required by the Solution Implementation Manager
Governance & Control:
- Establish a project communication plan with stakeholders of the project
- Agree project governance processes with stakeholders including the structure of meetings and reports, RACI model of key people involved and reporting update schedule
- Set up a process to monitor the progress of projects against the plan
- Initiate and drive process & technical changes to improve Solution Implementation
- Adjust planning, in agreement with the client, to compensate for deviation to agreed planning
- Ensure that the project follows the standard solution implementation methodology and process
- Deliver project and solution implementation status reports in a timely manner
- Ensure that deliverables are on time and to the expected level of quality
- Ensure that all project information is properly documented and is secured
- Track resource utilisation against agreed allocation
- Escalate project deviations to the Solution Implementation Manager
In this role you will be expected to:
- Develop, in conjunction with the Solution Architect and Business Analyst, a definition of the project. As the Project Manager ensure that the project is delivered on time and to the required quality standards (within agreed specifications).
- Manage customer relationships with a wide range of groups (including internal stakeholders/contributors) in a hybrid project management methodology environment.
- Produce project artefacts (i.e. Project Charters, Comprehensive reports, etc.).
- Facilitate the management of the Project Repository and any applicable project meetings.
- Manage projects from initiation through to closure of the project
The capabilities of our Champion:
- Ability to take initiative a must.
- Has the ability to work alone – is self-disciplined
- Ability to work with stakeholders at different levels across cultural and time zone barriers
- Solution focused
- Is fanatical about meeting deadlines and delivering exceptional projects
- Can work well in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sees the bigger picture (strategic thinking ability)
- Will lead the development of project plans, ideas and strategies while ensuring the effective implementation of each.
Our Champion’s journey thus far:
- At least 4 years’ experience in managing large-scale projects especially in the payments environment or Fintech sector
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field (project management related qualification essential)
- Excellent skills in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Excellent administration, organisation and communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirement specification documentation
- Computer Literate
- Jira and Confluence proficiency with understanding of MS suite of products, Structure Project Management Tool will be beneficial and general IT Systems
- Experience in an Agile & Scrum and Waterfall environment
- Fintech, payments and telecoms experience an advantage
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
- Staff events, daily popcorn, snacks, cool offices. All the things that make Clickatell a fantastic place to work.